Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'll keep an eye on this, good timing from AMD as Intel has admitted to "desktop" ignorance resulting is desktop CPU production issues expected to last thru Q2 2019.

Thanks for the post.

Cheers, Rob.

Well did not understand the guy very well. But, at least the videos shows AMD @ 5.1 Ghz? That some juicy news.. I'll go with AMD anytime. I will support them big time. And if that chip can be OC, imagine the possibilities.  Mmmm,  Mmmm. 

3 hours ago, joemiller said:

Well did not understand the guy very well. 

😁 Sorry but I had to laugh at that. I guess Scottish ascent is tricky for you US guys? 

4 hours ago, joemiller said:

Well did not understand the guy very well. 

Actually, before assuming Joe was from US, I probability should have said... "Whaur dae ye come fae"? 

And as Christmas is coming... blythe yuil an a blythe hogmanay tae ye.

Edited by martin-w

Guru3D have put the spec sheets on the new AMD the 3850 5.1 boost CPU due may $499, Intel may have a problem keeping the market share next year I'm looking to do major rebuild end 19. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, martin-w said:

😁 Sorry but I had to laugh at that. I guess Scottish ascent is tricky for you US guys? 

Scottish? Oh  shoots, I had no idea. Maybe my brain is too slow at the different accents.

8 hours ago, rjfry said:

Guru3D have put the spec sheets on the new AMD the 3850 5.1 boost CPU due may $499, Intel may have a problem keeping the market share next year I'm looking to do major rebuild end 19. 

For sure

At the very least this will force Intel and Nvidia to lower the prices on their current absurdly overpriced new gen hardware.

5 minutes ago, J0nx said:

At the very least this will force Intel and Nvidia to lower the prices on their current absurdly overpriced new gen hardware.

This is just the CPU side, not GPU side.  But in case you weren't into CPU buying around 2003 or so, AMD was top dog on the performance front ... when that happened, AMD's CPUs were not cheap, in fact they cost more than Intel's ... so typically whomever ends up with top performance honors will be higher priced regardless of manufacturer.

But more performance is always a good thing for the market.

Cheers, Rob.

Actually no Rob, AMD is releasing new GPUs as well that are on par with Nvidia's 10 series but much cheaper. This hopefully will cause NVIDIA to lower their prices on the 2070 and below and with any luck their absurdly overpriced and underpowered 2080 and 2080ti series.