Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

Guest alphaone

The AI doesn't really hurt me that much but turning the autogen to anything above "sparse" really hurts. I have the regular building scenery setting on "extremely dense" though and it's fine.7900GTX2 4600+ @ 2.7GHz2gigs of ram

Guest NAVIGAT0R

A few issues I've found: 1 - Baron's landing lights going through the fuselage: http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/simvideos/b1.jpg Is that supposed to be transparent? It only happens with the Baron. 2 - The floating CRJ yoke button: http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/simvideos/c1.jpg No matter where you move the yoke, that button stays in the same place. 3 - Little UFOs... probaly the plane flies faster than the speed of light so there's the illusion of lights following the plane... :) http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/simvideos/l2.jpg It happens when you zoom from far away. Only one annoying complaint: Is there any way to improve the old FS landing "triangle" lights? To me that's the only thing that doesn't fit the whole improvement of this new version. It's like out of place or something. Everything looks so new and improved, but when you get to the landing lights... it's the old FS2002/2000(?) bitmap triangle. Overall the sim was way improved! Congrats to the ACES team! I think I just need a faster machine with a DX10 card.

I can't install the thing at all. It gets right to the end, then tells me the 'wizard was interrupted before the demo could be completely installed'. Tried it several times, never works. No word on what error occurred.Had to install SP2 to even make the installer run... Help anyone? - daniel

Another suggestion...for the mouse look, instead of having to assign the activate mouselook key to the keyboard/joystick, allow users to assign it to the mousewheel push button or any other mouse buttons for that matter. I'd like to able to hold down the mouse wheel and pan around (like active camera)

Guest dpc

>I can't install the thing at all. >>It gets right to the end, then tells me the 'wizard was>interrupted before the demo could be completely installed'. >Tried it several times, never works. No word on what error>occurred.>>Had to install SP2 to even make the installer run... >>Help anyone? >>- danielSame exact issue here. I'm downloading again, but I'll bet thats not the problem.Dave________________________________________AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego @ 2.6MhzNForce4-A939 mobo 1G FSB2x1G Cosair XMS Ram on dual channelsSapphire Radeon X1900XT Video Card @ XTX23" Apple Cinema Display @ 1920X1200Soundblaster Live24Saitek Cyborg EVO TrackIR4

I just have to say:Now that I have ground traffic and autogen turned off, this is the most beautiful flight experience I've ever had. It's really remarkable.When I see things like this:http://www.laniercreative.com/brian/flightsim/1.jpghttp://www.laniercreative.com/brian/flightsim/2.jpghttp://www.laniercreative.com/brian/flightsim/3.jpgI'm just blown away.Seems like a small trade off to have to wait until autogen is better optimized.The ACES team has managed to completely revitalize my love of simming with a buggy demo.

LAST NIGHT:Downloaded and installed FSX, upon starting program informed me the my graphics card drivers may not work with FSX. If I opt for proceeding anyway, FSX says it will not work with the drivers of my Radeon 8500 card.TODAY:MS update included a Radeon 8500 Driver update!!! coincidence?FSX STILL wont start up with my graphics card & driversrats!!!!!"Flight Simulator is not working with your video card.Verify that you have the latest drivers installed for your video card.Flight Simulator will now exit."

Guest alphaone

I didn't know people still used 8500's.

Four years ago, it was the best you could get. Do I have to buy a new one every two years? GeeezFS2004 works very well with the 8500, FSX says it will work with the 8500 but it wont even start.BTW, I bought a ATI X700Pro 6 months ago but when I read the manual, the installation instructions made me very nervous: "make sure you upgrade all your motherboard drivers, etc." So it still sits there in the box.I am planning on a new monster system in January.Brian

Guest BrianC

Hi,I had the following problem with MSXML complaining about some assembly at the end of installation:Microsoft.MSXML2,publickeyToken="6bd6b9abf345378f",version="4.1.0.0",type="win32",processorArchitecture="x86"I solved it by installing the new MSXML 6 from microsoft.com:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=enNow FSX is installed and running!-Brian

Don't be nervous. Just set a restore point, put your X700 in your box and run the installation program off the included CD. If it gives you grief, roll back to the last restore point.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest sclincoln

>My second and last issue is that the sim on initial load has>the chosen aircraft sitting quite happily on the runway ready>to go. However as I put my feet on the rudder pedals, (CH Pro>Pedals USB), the "Differential Brakes" message lights up...>Then, as I remove my feet from the pedals, the "Differential>Brakes" message goes away, only to be replaced by a "Brakes">message which will not go away.This has been an issue with FS and CH Pedals forever. The problem is that the brake axes need to be reversed. At first, the brakes are not activated but once you touch the pedals, it becomes activated and goes to full on braking with the pedals up. Try pushing them both all the way down to test it and see if that doesn't release the brakes. If so, just go into settings and click the reverse boxes. You may need to double check and make sure that setting sticks, since FS always likes to play around and ignore some changes the first time.

Guest hefy_jefy

It looks terrific, had a dual monitor problem initially that was fixed by downloading the latest NVIDA driver (FX5700). I also had the odd "black car" racing around but I think has got better since I downloaded the latest MSXML6 version. I think it just about set the sliders right for my system, haven't been able to improve much by tweaking...One thing, force feedback is dreadful, (as it was in FS9) I hope there wil be a version of FSForce for X.I like the undercarriage view with wind noise!GeoffP4 3.0Ghz, 1GB HyperX ram (dual) ASUS P4P 800 Motherboard

My demo installs fine, but when I try to run it I get a message saying this:"Flight Simulator cannot run because the version of Microsoft DirectX installed on your computer is incomparible. Please reinstall DirectX 9.0 by running Flight Simulator Setup, or download the current version from www.microsoft.com/directx."I have DirectX 9c, so I should be good, but I tried to download and install it again. No change. I also reinstalled the demo.Oh well. At least I got a new Beaver to fly in FS2004 while I wait :(-Scott