Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

>You don't think that could be because your Vista runs DX9?>AFAIK there is no available hardware capable of running DX10,>which is required for using DX10.>>Edit: Oh, and FSX does not have support for DX10 at this time,>a patch will be provided sometime after Vista is released.>I am running the ATI beta Cats on Vista 5384, and the driver reports (DDI) 9EX, which is to be expected, since no Dx10 drivers out thre yet.In fact, it seems like there are still ongoing changes to the DX10 API, and you have to get Vista RC1 to run the latest demo version from the Aug DirectX SDK.scott s..

Hi, I may be wrong, but I heard somewhere that we need Vista to enable dual core useage within a particular program which is written for dual core processors. Dual core useage may show up if we are running two different programs at the same time in WinXP, but We need Vista for Dual Core useage within one program. Am I correct?

Guest garwig2

The total fuel capacity for the Beaver says Zero in the fuel menu (the one where you change fuel amount). Haven't checked it in other aircraft yet.

Sorry! I was a bit careless and didnt select jpeg.

>just download and rename as jpg ... works fine and nobody has>download problems ;-)I tried that... and still wound up with a binary mess...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Here's another one that didn't READ the README... ;)That was included in the notes!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Bergziege

i dont hope so. ill stay with xp for the next years until ill need a new computer. other programs are using both cpus like 3ds, wavelab and so on.i think even if u use vista it would not make sense to run fsx on both cpu because vista already needs 50% of it ;-)hope that multicore / hyperthreading will be enable under xp in the final version.greez bergziege

:-)Scott, you're my hero! Works fine, thank you very much!BTW: Is there a full list of "keywords" (i.e. GEAR_DOWN, GEAR_UP, ...) available on the web?J

Guest EdrickV

The aircraft views are a bit customizable. (in the aircraft.cfg files) Copying some lines from the VC entry might speed up the aircraft view.These lines look promising, though I can't say for sure what they'll do in an aircraft view:SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0PitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60Not sure if you can create additional views though what with that GUID entry."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest jimmer

when i go to do a mission on the fsx demo it loads then when it has loaded i can only see black i can hear the plane i have tried switching views by using s and that did not work can anyone helpthanks jimmerpc specs windows xp 512mbnvida fx5200

Guest EdrickV

I'd suggest making sure you have up to date drivers for that card, and if that doesn't work, try turning your settings down. If all else fails, it may be time for an upgrade. I used to have a PCI FX5200, now I use a PCIe 7600GT."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

I cannot install FSX. The error I get is as follows:Error -1607: Unable to Install InstallShield Scripting Run TimeI have searched several sites for a fix and while I have found some that offer one I cannot use it because my C:Program FilesInstallShield folder does not exist.Note that I have turned off lots of services and I suspect this is the root cause. Anyone know what services must be running to install FSX demo ? I have installed tons of programs on my computer and have never run into this issue before. My computer is fully up to date with latest XP updates.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

>>>1. When I turned on the rain the water textures started>>flashing on and off every second or two. (Love the wet>>runways!)>>Got the exact problem.>(water set to shader 1 high btw)>>Regards,>>RobertIf it's the same problem as I had then I think clicking "antialiasing" in the graphics section stops it.

>when i go to do a mission on the fsx demo it loads then when>it has loaded i can only see black i can hear the plane i have>tried switching views by using s and that did not work can>anyone help>>thanks jimmer>>pc specs >>windows xp >512mb>nvida fx5200This happens to me every once in awhile, too. I figured out a fix that works for me, but your mileage may vary. To clarify, it's the virtual cockpit that does it. When it happens, I right-click and select Spot view, wait a few seconds, then switch back to the VC via the right click menu. Never had a problem with that not working.It also works when I find textures are not loading or loading strange sometimes after I do something with the Display settings.If that doesn't work, then it could very well be your video card. the FX5200 is a bit old and might not support Shader 2.0. You could try setting your water effects to 1 Low and see if that helps.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Guest bennyboy

Install worked fine for me, and first impressions are encouraging. I think we have to bear in mind that this is the first demo of a stock product that is still being worked on. Most of us, once we get our dirty hands on the thing for real will spec it up with add-on scenery, aircraft and utilities like FS Nav, ASV weather, FS Build etc, so I really don't care what aircraft come with it and what the default scenery looks like. Once our friends at Level D, PMDG and Flight One do their magic it'll transform this bad boy. The biggest improvement by far I can see is that heavy weather makes no big difference to frame rate. I flew the CRJ on an IFR flight with the 'major thunderstorms' weather selected and it didn't have any frame rate it I could discern. Heavy weather in FS9 kills it dead. This alone would make FSX worth the while for me.