Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

>During flight (various aircraft) the panel background>texture, the interior textures, and the ground textures>suddenly turn to a very blurred state. It is as if the program>believes that it is short on resources and compensates. >I have the exact same problem, which is pretty much my only main problem despite a few issues which I'm sure have been mentioned numerous times already. Having said this, I'm really impressed with the demo, especially with; flight dynamics (in Baron), performance (despite a few jerky moments) but overall good solid performance, and other promising factors. This definatitely isn't FS9. CheersTristan

>>During flight (various aircraft) the panel background>>texture, the interior textures, and the ground textures>>suddenly turn to a very blurred state. It is as if the>program>>believes that it is short on resources and compensates. >>>>I have the exact same problem, which is pretty much my only>main problem despite a few issues which I'm sure have been>mentioned numerous times already. Having said this, I'm really>impressed with the demo, especially with; flight dynamics (in>Baron), performance (despite a few jerky moments) but overall>good solid performance, and other promising factors. This>definatitely isn't FS9. >>Cheers>>Tristan Btw my specs:AMD XP 28006600GT 128 mb1 gig ramCheers

some more...Mixture control in Beaver is not grbable in VCStarting engine in Beaver, engine smoke has an effect on gauges. Is like gaiges area bit see through regarding fx. While in 2D cockpi using shift+NUM pad DEL to reset view, the view is focused above horizon. Not usefull in flight or landing. As lon as Autogen is concerned can we have an alltitude affectiveeness? I mean is it possible to add an option in UI where user will spacify from which altitude above ground Autogen will be visible? While take -off and landing I don't need coconut trees. Also if somebody wants to see autogen on the groung this will be enabeled when gs is bellow a limit specified in UI.radio altitude in crj counts viewpoint altitude (8) not 0 as it should. No problem with me but I'm thinking those who buy first time FS they should now what each intrument does exactly. Some thoughts...http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgSam

Sam. 

Waiting for the 64-bit PSION Flightsim for ZX-Spectrum ////

Guest howard500

I have to say it is always good to see new versions of FS come out, it is clear that each version surpasses the previous one and overall progress is always made. No question we are light years from FS2002 and a great deal from FS2004. FSX has advanced greatly in the visual aspect. We are all very aware of the new featrures offered so I will praise them in general. Now, I am sad to see that the actual simulation aspect has not been dealt with properly. Personally I would gladly live without things like moving wildlife (unless birds actually represented the threat they are in real life) and being able to go out of the atmosphere or ships crossing the oceans, not to mention "missions". No doubt these things are "cool" and if we all had super computers I would never complain. But given the fact that our computers have limitations I would much prefer to see proper flight dynamics in place... I want to be able to side slip, do hammer heads, spin and practice stalls properly, I want smooth aircraft and realistic cockpits! I much prefer 3 planes modelled to the upmost level of realism than 40 which feel like arcade models.Obviously third party developers will quickly cure these imperfections but I really get pissy when I see a bloody zebra crossing my path but I cant side slip when high on short final!!!! We are buying a FLIGHT simulator are we not?? Untill people from Real Air, PMDG, LDS, Active Sky and a select few others get their hands on FSX it will remain a game and not a simulator!Anyway, heating up here wich is not my intention, happy flying!!! Howard500

>Hi there,>>Just a comment on the Flour Bomb mission.>>Object Collisions are really beginning to annoy me now.>>Regards>>MarkI second this. I really want to win that one.

Guest tdragger

>>Why is there no 1280x720 resolution available??>>I need this for my video projector. Please handle widescreen>mode properly, no streching anywhere allowed :)That's not up to us. It's your video driver.

In Spot view from outside and with the doors open when the yoke is turned from left to right and vice versa only the co pilots yoke moves...the pilots yoke does not moveBill

Guest nikonikoniko

>>>>Why is there no 1280x720 resolution available??>>>>I need this for my video projector. Please handle widescreen>>mode properly, no streching anywhere allowed :)>>That's not up to us. It's your video driver.no i dont think so, running radeon 9800pro with latest catalyst, and my desktop is 1280x720. also fs2004 has this resolution in the drop-down list. what gives?

Guest BrianC

>>>>>>Why is there no 1280x720 resolution available??>>>>>>I need this for my video projector. Please handle>widescreen>>>mode properly, no streching anywhere allowed :)>>>>That's not up to us. It's your video driver.>>no i dont think so, running radeon 9800pro with latest>catalyst, and my desktop is 1280x720. also fs2004 has this>resolution in the drop-down list. what gives?>I agree. I too have a 9800 Pro, and 1280x720 shows up in the desktop settings but not in FSX. FSX offers 1152x864, 1280x768, 1280x960, 1280x1024. 1280x720 is missing.

>>Well, after installing FSX in Vista let me tell you (hopefully>because the beta status of the OS and the graphic card>drivers),>that there is no difference whatsoever between Vista - DX 10>and >XP DX 9.3 at this time. >There is no DX10 in Vista right nowno DX10 hardwareYou're doing DX9 on Vista, that's what you are seeing.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>>>>>Well, after installing FSX in Vista let me tell you>(hopefully>>because the beta status of the OS and the graphic card>>drivers),>>that there is no difference whatsoever between Vista - DX 10>>and >>XP DX 9.3 at this time. >>>>There is no DX10 in Vista right now>no DX10 hardware>>You're doing DX9 on Vista, that's what you are seeing.>>RhettThat is amazingly absolutely correct and completely wrong at the same time.If you load Vista Beta 2 or up and run dxdiag, it reports the version as DirectX 10. However, as you pointed out, there is no hardware, so DX10 exclusive features and abilities would be unavailable. So, while it does appear to be falling back on DX9, DX10 is there.

That is really weird. You are the first person to report this error, as far as I know.Seems like people with 5900FX cards seem to have more problems though.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>radio altitude in crj counts viewpoint altitude (8) not 0 as>it should. No problem with me but I'm thinking those who buy>first time FS they should now what each intrument does>exactly. Radar altitude reports the distance from the ground to the antenna, which coincidentally is ~8' in the CRJ.What's the problem??? :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>RAIN-VC : No raindrops in VCSince the VCRainMoving0000.bmp, etc. textures weren't included in the DEMO's texture folder, that's hardly a surprise... ;)If you copy/paste all of them from your FS9 texture folder, you'll see the "raindrops" in the VC.Bill

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

In Auto-Rudder mode during an outside view the rudder does not move visually when turning.When standing still the front wheel does not turn when turing the yoke. Wheel turns ok when aircraft is moving. Rotation is ok.Turning circle on the ground seems wide. The aircraft easily understeers (Nascar tight) if rpm increased. Looks like very little traction on the ground. Was the same in FS9.AMD2.2ghz, 512mb, Radeon 9800SE 128mbDick Near 5G8

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA