Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

Horrible G500 Refresh/Blank Screens .dll errors

Just purchased the TP46, and I cannot get this Garmin 500 to update within one minute of changing zoom levels, and the thing just flat doesn't update the screen, at all, after 30 minutes, unless you cycle the screens. Is anyone else experiencing this, or do you have a work around?

On another train of thought, has anyone gotten the F1 G500 suite to mount up and fly right with this bird? I shoehorned the GTN into this bird's available screens, but I would like to know if anyone else has tried the G500 in it.

I'm also getting CTD's with this plane for .dll errors. Anyone else experiencing? Thanks.

Many thanks!

Scott

Hi Scott,

4 hours ago, rightseat said:

On another train of thought, has anyone gotten the F1 G500 suite to mount up and fly right with this bird? I shoehorned the GTN into this bird's available screens, but I would like to know if anyone else has tried the G500 in it.

yes, I'm using the F1 G600 in combination with the F1 GNS 430 and 530. It's truly an excellent combination. I hadn't used the Jetprop for years but since the release of the F1 G600 it's one of my favourite GA airplanes. I can highly recommend it.    

flight1g500ync1h.jpg

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

1 hour ago, Tim-HH said:

yes, I'm using the F1 G600 in combination with the F1 GNS 430 and 530. It's truly an excellent combination. I hadn't used the Jetprop for years but since the release of the F1 G600 it's one of my favourite GA airplanes. I can highly recommend it.    

Is the F1 G600 working in P3D v4.4?  I know they've released an update for the GNS units but I haven't seen anything about the G600 or if there are any compatibility issues with 4.4.

5 hours ago, rightseat said:

Just purchased the TP46, and I cannot get this Garmin 500 to update within one minute of changing zoom levels, and the thing just flat doesn't update the screen, at all, after 30 minutes, unless you cycle the screens. Is anyone else experiencing this, or do you have a work around?

I'm also getting CTD's with this plane for .dll errors. Anyone else experiencing? Thanks.

Many thanks!

Scott

HI Scott, is this the PA46T your referring to. Have been looking for a Airplane to put the Flight1 G500/600 in, the only way to run it is to use the F1 GTN750 complete or the GNS 530 complete., I'm sure thats what Tim has done.

bob

Edited by onebob

Hi Folks,

Hmm - so the full gauge swap works well ? 

I’m intrigued - while I’m on team RXP - I may just pick this up in anticipation of RXP’s pending release of same - I think there are only a very few candidates available now for G500’s... I’m  not really interested in either of the two others I’m aware of...

How are the sounds ? I see this was back when Bernt was still around so I’m sure the FDE is excellent...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Scott: My qualms about it are the ctd's I get from a faulting .dll that only happens with this plane. The other issues are the gauges, but as to the fde, it seems fine. What I find strange is that there is an option to use ice deflection doors, but there is no switch for an intetial separator. I would imagine these are the same thing, but when you switch on the ice door, there is no drop in power/n1 that you see when you throw on an IS in another turboprop.

Tim: your setup is exactly what I'm looking for, except I don't have the 430/530, just the 750/650. I do like your panel. I also see you got the weather radar to work, or is this the Milviz placed into the radar spot? 🙂

19 hours ago, nhall72 said:

Is the F1 G600 working in P3D v4.4?  I know they've released an update for the GNS units but I haven't seen anything about the G600 or if there are any compatibility issues with 4.4.

Yes, the F1 G600 is working fine in P3D v4.4. At least I had no issues yet.

18 hours ago, rightseat said:

Tim: your setup is exactly what I'm looking for, except I don't have the 430/530, just the 750/650. I do like your panel. I also see you got the weather radar to work, or is this the Milviz placed into the radar spot? 🙂

Yes, the weather radar in the picture is the Carenado one. But I've replaced it with the Milviz weather radar a while ago. 

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

30 minutes ago, Tim-HH said:

Yes, the F1 G600 is working fine in P3D v4.4. At least I had no issues yet.

Yes, the weather radar in the picture is the Carenado one. But I've replaced it with the Milviz weather radar a while ago. 

Thanks very much!  I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on this then, been waiting for some kind of confirmation.

Thanks, Tim. I’m going to pull the trigger on the F1 g600 and that should clear up my frustration. Many thanks

5 hours ago, rightseat said:

Thanks, Tim. I’m going to pull the trigger on the F1 g600 and that should clear up my frustration. Many thanks

Hi Scott,

If you get this rigged up before the sale ends - appreciate your insights (we seem to have similar tastes) - I'm interested but I'll probably see if RXP is anywhere close with their version...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On 12/14/2018 at 5:55 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Scott,

If you get this rigged up before the sale ends - appreciate your insights (we seem to have similar tastes) - I'm interested but I'll probably see if RXP is anywhere close with their version...

Regards,
Scott

Scott,

I just pulled the trigger on the F1 G600, and it integrates seamlessly into the JetProp. F1 pre-provides a config, you just have to select "replace" in the F1 config program. 

This plane is finally what I wanted it to be. Remember: you have to have bought the F1 GTN750 in order to be able to use this, so that may be cost prohibitive for some folks. 

I highly recommend it. Because the plane is a bit older, slamming the F1's into her does not hurt the performance of the sim. 

The "synthetic vision" of the runway coming up to the plane in the displays is pretty slick.

I think you'll like it.

🙂

Edited by rightseat
  • Like 1