Sign in to follow this  
PLazarus

Blackpool and Microsoft Announcement

Microsoft are set to make a presence at Blackpool this weekend for the flight sim convention. What do you guys think the liklihood is of an official statement regarding FS2006, 07, or whatever from MS? I'd sure like to hear something from them about it.RH

Guest tdragger

My guess is that you definitely *won't* hear anything *specific* from them about the next version. I think what you'll hear is that they are still working (on something), that they are using the current round of survey/data gathering to help improve the customer experience, and that they are looking at ways to use the latest graphics technology to make FS better. I think you'll also hear (given the location) about the importance of international markets and a global experience.Just my $0.02. (Or would it be my 0.0113778p?)

Wow, do you do PR for a living? That's sounds exactly like what I expect to hear. That's the art of saying something while not acutally saying anything. Of course you could infer a new version is coming, but there have been enough hints that this is the case already.Tony

slim :( keeping my fingers crossed though :-)

Alaister Kay

Well guys,you might not have missed anything yet regarding that FS2006 issue. At least I did not hear anything new and unknown yet (been in Blackpool the whole day).But you definetely missed a nice presentation by PMDG... I tell you, you would've liked it. And it flies quite nicely, as well. Tried it myself.Cheers.

>Well guys,>>you might not have missed anything yet regarding that FS2006>issue. At least I did not hear anything new and unknown yet>(been in Blackpool the whole day).>>But you definetely missed a nice presentation by PMDG... I>tell you, you would've liked it. And it flies quite nicely, as>well. Tried it myself.>>Cheers.So do you have any idea what the "one or two big surprises in store" might be then?

Well the first surprise (at least for me) was the display of an aircraft that everyone would want to be a beta tester right now. If you know what I mean... It's to easy to guess, so I am not gonna tell you any more, well except that it comes from a company with 4 capital letters. And a certain Lefteris is roaming around the exhibition hall all the time...

Microsoft showed some "technology preview" screenshots during one of their talks which were interesting, but we might not see this kind of technology implemented in any of the following versions of FS2006. After all it was just the developers showing what would be possible if they applied today's technology to a game.Only sure statement was: The team is way beyond planning stage regarding FS2006 and very busy.

I took some pictures and as soon as PMDG approves their publishing we`ll drop the link in here.Cheers Robert

Did MS explicitly mention "FS2006?" If so, that would mean it's release should come no later than Christmas.Thanks,RH

>Did MS explicitly mention "FS2006?" If so, that would mean>it's release should come no later than Christmas.>>Thanks,>>RHNo, sorry, that was a type error. I wanted to write, that they showed what was technologically possible with the FS2004 engine.They did not mention FS2006, but they said that they were busy and beyond planning stage already. Whatever that means.

Guest sb55mv

Hi Guy's.YES, MS Did Mention FS2006 Explicitly, but, it won't be here until around Jun/Aug next year (2006) they are very busy working on lots of things, and I can tell you that we should all be very excited at what they have planned for us in the next version.but I hope this clears a few things up for some of you.I know that there is supposed to be a 32 bit and a 64 bit version coming out, and that they are trying to make the most out of the new technology thats here,and coming out.they would also like to release it in conjunction with the long anticipated Longhorn.thats all I can say for obvious reasons.

Guest LahaskaFlyer

i like it the way it is, i shutter (shake) to think of upgrading and re-keying all of my "stuff" to a new operating ms2006.

'thats all I can say for obvious reasons.'why is that?you dont work for MS nor was the information provided at the conference in any way proprietary.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K