Sign in to follow this  
_Gladius_

PC Aviator issues?

3 hours ago, Penzoil3 said:

What, no way ! Never buying from them again !  I bought it, I want a backup installer.

Right on Sue. Not only that, there is no way I'd ever let them have access to my computer. A really bad idea..........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

So far it appears to apply to installation of MegaScenery only.  But I really think it is a good idea the developer's maintain your account where you can get access to your product and download it again.  In MegaScenery, you really do not need to ever uninstall it and, if you move to a new PC, you just relink to the scenery.  It saves me a huge amount of space.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

19 hours ago, Jim Young said:

The backup is in your account at PC Aviator or MegaScenery.

I keep all my purchased software on my own NAS box. I would not be happy having to access their website in order to gain access to software I've bought.

What happens should they go bust? You've lost access. At least when I download them it's my responsibility.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

What happens should they go bust? You've lost access. At least when I download them it's my responsibility.

Again, the only software I am aware that has this installer (which is absolutely awesome!) is for MegaScenery.  Once installed on your HDD, it is fully installed forever.  No need to reinstall it again ever.  Lot of what ifs isn't there? 

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

37 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Again, the only software I am aware that has this installer (which is absolutely awesome!) is for MegaScenery.  Once installed on your HDD, it is fully installed forever.  No need to reinstall it again ever.  Lot of what ifs isn't there? 

If that’s the case then I’m fine, thanks.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

That assumes you're going to use the storage device for the lifetime of the product. Will it survive an OS reinstall or change of drive letters, or recover gracefully?

I sympathize with Ray - I don't trust vendors to place my benefit over their own, and installers and operation in the face of "unusual events" (like OS reinstalls and change of drive letters) is rarely coded for and even more infrequently tested.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

+1......................

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

19 minutes ago, Luke said:

I don't trust vendors to place my benefit over their own, and installers and operation in the face of "unusual events" (like OS reinstalls and change of drive letters) is rarely coded for and even more infrequently tested.

There is code in the registry with your license so, if you move to a new computer or OS, you will probably have to activate it again.  I keep all of the e-mails with the licenses, etc., but, if I lost them, I can also go to my PC Aviator account and get the license too.

Submit News to AVSIM

FYI, here is a link to the downloader information - https://www.megasceneryearth.com/

Submit News to AVSIM

I wanted to update this thread. I received one of PC Aviator’s marketing emails, and this one contained the email of the guy who runs the site, Robert Ferraro.  I emailed him directly, and got a response the same day. He apologized, and FIXED THE LINK.  I downloaded it and installed no problem.

So, if anyone else is having issues, email robert(dot)ferraro(at)pcaviato(dot)com

Hope that helps!

Edited by charliearon
edited the email to keep Spammers away
  • Like 1

I emailed PC Aviator in January 2018 because I had a problem with a download link. Still waiting for a reply 😂

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I do not believe they will respond if the answer is on their site in the form of FAQ and other Help media - https://www.pcaviator.com/store/pages.php?pageid=16.  I know the e-mail I get from them concerning my order has a download link and even the old download links still work.  If that does not work, I'll log into their site and go to my order history and download from there.  In addition, many members use e-mail spam blockers and many of the e-mails are sent but land up in the spam folder that eventually is cleaned by deleting all of the "spam" received.  When old people like me can have almost no problems using PC Aviator, I suggest the problem was created by the individual who purchased the product.  Hope you are not seriously still waiting for a response to your January 2018 email.

Submit News to AVSIM

1 hour ago, AdvancedFollower said:

I emailed PC Aviator in January 2018 because I had a problem with a download link. Still waiting for a reply 😂

I've used PC Aviator for over 10 years and never had any problems. I have returned software that was not as described by the developer without any problems. They have always been responsive to me and if I'm in a hurry I just call. 🙂

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam