Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Steinmetz

Auto Traffic In Airport

Posted (edited)

Running P3D V4.4 - when I inject street traffic from P3D is also appears on the tarmak of all airports.  I'm using various addon airports w/ Obix Global and Vector - I have run the airport elevation correction program.  Any  thoughts?

Edited by Chuck Steinmetz
Added to post

Chuck Steinmetz

I believe there is a slider for airport traffic or something like that in settings, put that at zero.

Dave

Thanks - I can, but if I do that all traffic disappears.  I should be more clear - I would like to have some traffic on the streets/highways as it adds some realism - but I just don't want it on the tarmak of the airports.  Thanks.

Chuck Steinmetz

1 hour ago, Chuck Steinmetz said:

Thanks - I can, but if I do that all traffic disappears.  I should be more clear - I would like to have some traffic on the streets/highways as it adds some realism - but I just don't want it on the tarmak of the airports.  Thanks.

I have never seen, or heard of this being reported under FSX or P3D.  I would imagine one of your addon installations screwed something up.

Dave-Aerosoft-Signature-Banner-2019.png

As Dave stated, If its a third party add-on its airport background polygon is either missing or has the wrong exclusions.

Jay Bloomfield

Sounds good- would you be able to point me to a thread that goes into more detail about how I might dig into it? Thank you so much!

Chuck Steinmetz

Which airport and which developer?  You need to search with the Windows file explorer to find all files with that ICAO code. Start with the sim's top folder. For example. Search for:

*KLAX*

Check for any BGL files that have CVX in the name. Do you have none, one or more than one? Search other relevant folders where airport files might be stored.

Jay Bloomfield

Thx - at first I thought it was all airports but I'm testing w/ KSEA right now and it's fine - so I'll do some digging.  Would it make sense to a) narrow down the developer b) reinstall those airports - or should do I find the BGL files and delete?  Will they rebuild when loaded?

Chuck Steinmetz

I would fix them as you find ones that have problems. Chances are that most airports are okay.

Jay Bloomfield

Here's an idea from a FSX (not P3D) user: A few weeks around I was messing around with UTX (Ultimate Terrain X) settings.  After I selected the option to allow road traffic in side roads (not just highways), auto traffic popped up in the tarmac in a major airport... I think it was KLGA.  It didn't happen in other airports when I was using but I only tested a few.  I know for sure that airport was not modified by me.