Sign in to follow this  
FPStewy

ATC gives vectors to ILS

Ok this is probably my last (understanding) before buying.

Was the "ATC gives vectors to ILS" setting removed from Config-FltPlan or moved, is there a way to enable it ?

The reason I'm asking is because let's say I want to do a total dark cockpit flight without GPS or P2A screen. For example if I don't engage the GPS or don't look at the map can/will P2A Vector me all the way to the final active runway ?

or must we always do a <callsign> inbound at <current altitude> request radar vectors for <approach type> to runway <rwy>  from approach control.

Dave said in a previous post "If you don't check "ATC Gives Vectors to IF", then you would have to request vectors from approach control.  Otherwise, it is assumed you will only need clearance to the fix and you will navigate there yourself."

Which is fine but what if we want vectored approaches to be the default, is this still possible.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't quite understand the question.  I assume you have filed an IFR plan and setup the sid/star/app as desired or left autoplan do it for you.

I have never seen the option you mention and I just looked. I always get vectors for the ils approach if the plan indicates this will be required (my quess).  I find this doesn't happen for approaches with a transition approach in place.  In general it doesn't matter where I go I get vectors so I guess it is just built in now.

Dave is probably the better person to answer but he is very ill at the moment and he is the author, support and wizard.

Sometimes things can trigger a bug and this can be by airport.

It will help others to help if you post the departure icao, route with sid/star, arrival icao and others might have a look see.

To be sure.  If it is a bug then Dave will fix it and if not he will explain.

We all hope he is recovering and will be back soon.

On 1/6/2019 at 3:16 PM, JeB1952 said:

I have never seen the option you mention and I just looked. I always get vectors for the ils approach if the plan indicates this will be required (my quess).  I find this doesn't happen for approaches with a transition approach in place.  In general it doesn't matter where I go I get vectors so I guess it is just built in now.

interesting,

I'll have to test more. I've just been putting in approaches and don't get any vectoring at all since it "assumes" that I will vector myself into the approach. If you look at Dave's posting here it seem that it was an option at one time in the FltPln config. What I'm thinking is that it's now the default that if you have an approach with transition that you will only get vectors if you request it.

I always use autoplan and get flying.  Not being a real pilot this is much easier for me. Are you selecting vectors to in the transition for APPR that I have seen?  Kind of implies telling p2a to do something.