Sign in to follow this  
Janov

X-Plane version 11.30r3 is final!

So I see Jan, 

Thanks, 

PS Tell Tom, congratulations on his NASA appointment, and ask them nicely to consider making Pluto a planet again 🙂

• Like 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Updated last night everything ok for now, no noticeable fps drop but indeed more vram usage as some reported and said is for future Vulcan implementation.

Alexander Colka

Is there a master compatibility list for addons somewhere?

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

33 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Is there a master compatibility list for addons somewhere?

There isn´t even a list for addons - let alone one that lists compatibility 😂

But since it is Laminar´s stance to maintain compatibility within major version runs (i.e. everything 11.xx) I would assume that they all work. At least I haven´t heard of any compatibility issues - and part of the reason for the lenghty beta run was for developers to test their addons to ASSURE compatibility. If they haven´t reported any problems to Laminar - and their users neither, then the addon is either compatible or not in use anymore/unsupported.

Cheers, Jan

• Like 1

Is there really such a thing as Xplane "Final". Not in my life so far anyway. 😉

Edited by Adrian123
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

Is there really such a thing as Xplane "Final". Not in my life so far anyway. 😉

True, but at least we have these milestones for major changes and additions, so add-on developers know when to update their products that might be affected. It's easier on them than tracking every change as a constant moving target.

For example, it seems like I've been waiting forever for an updated Carenado v11 PC-12 that has some issues. It's been updated internally at Carenado to fix some of their own bugs, and also adapt to changes Austin has made in the engine and flight modeling for 11.30. But they've been holding off the release until 11.30 went final. 

I guess the next big milestone release (1.4?) could be Vulkan and Metal, maybe in the Spring or Summer?

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

12 hours ago, Janov said:

Hi everyone,

just a heads-up - we are FINAL!

https://developer.x-plane.com/2019/01/x-plane-11-30-is-final/

with the release notes here:

https://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-11-30-release-notes/

Have fun and happy landings, Jan

Kudos to Xplane and the beta testers for this release!  It is a fine release with many bug fixes, fps improvements, flight model improvements and of course the particle system.

John

• Upvote 1