Sign in to follow this  
Dean33

Flysimware LJ35 problem with new altitude selector?

The new digital altimeter with altitude selector is great. Nice and clear.

The altitude ‘set’ has tooltips that seem to indicate a middle mouse wheel button is pressed to set the altitude.

Should there be a the light or an indicator that comes on to indicate this setting has been logged?

Middle mouse buttons is also a setting with ChasePlane which can interfere.

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

46 minutes ago, Dean33 said:

The new digital altimeter with altitude selector is great. Nice and clear.  🙂

The altitude ‘set’ has tooltips that seem to indicate a middle mouse wheel button is pressed to set the altitude.

The tool tip is incorrect, there is no 'activation' required. In addition, it currently says turning the wheel will increase/decrease values by 100. This WILL be the case in the future, but as you can see, currently the wheel delta is 20.

Should there be a the light or an indicator that comes on to indicate this setting has been logged?

No; there is no light.

Middle mouse buttons is also a setting with ChasePlane which can interfere.  😟

Al

Edited by ark

Working all right for me,  right click increase 1000', left click decrease 1000', roll mouse wheel for 20' increments. perfect.

bob

Edited by onebob

Thanks guys!

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out where the click spots are for the altitude selector.  Can someone load a screen cap?

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

13 minutes ago, richbonneau said:

For the life of me, I cannot figure out where the click spots are for the altitude selector.  Can someone load a screen cap?

You need to use the round ALT SEL knob that is just below the large 6 on the altitude scale (at the 7 o'clock position on a regular clock). It can be hard to see unless you turn up the lights.

Al

122d5b49c6.JPG

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

You need to use the round ALT SEL knob that is just below the large 6 on the altitude scale (at the 7 o'clock position on a regular clock). 

Thanks!

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case