sloppysmusic

Random 777 FCOM Fact Of The Day...

Reading the FCOM material is always enlightening, once you get over the gargantuan task in the first place. Trust me it's worth it. So many ways to understand the inner workings of the plane and the equipment may be found within.
I thought I'd share something important I learned today:
FCOM 2

777 Air Systems
Air Distribution
Passenger:
"The flight deck is maintained at a slightly higher pressure than the passenger cabin to prevent smoke and objectionable odors from entering the flight deck."

I always wondered if when on approach someone in business class had IBS whether the pilots would be able to maintain control in between gagging from the results of said objectionable human bleed valves opening.
I now know they are protected by science. I feel even safer trusting my travel and safety in this airplane!

• Like 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

11 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

The flight deck is maintained at a slightly higher pressure than the passenger cabin to prevent smoke and objectionable odors from entering the flight deck."

I always wondered if when on approach someone in business class had IBS whether the pilots would be able to maintain control in between gagging from the results of said objectionable human bleed valves opening.
I now know they are protected by science. I feel even safer trusting my travel and safety in this airplane!

haha - yeah - love finding random facts.

Your talking out your backside LOL.

Edited by lenhamlad
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, lenhamlad said:

Your talking out your backside LOL.

You edited that,...the first version was funnier. Although just as accurate!

😄

We also joked how on the MD80 we smelled it even before it was ..... hmmm...... jettisoned 😉

8 minutes ago, xkoote said:

We also joked how on the MD80 we smelled it even before it was ..... hmmm...... jettisoned 😉

I'm not 100% sure what you mean.. And it's probably best left that way! 

Hi Is it possible to increase the time for a random system failure to occur beyond the 8 hours stated in the manual ? I would like to increase this if possible Thanks Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher