Sign in to follow this  
forshaw

Is the Airport Map Display available on the 400-8i?

Hello;

Can anyone tell me if the ND Airport Map Display is available on the "FSX" version of PMDG 747-400 and -8i or only on the P3D version? I think I read somewhere on a forum where it was stated it is only available on the P3D but I wasn't quite sure. When searching the net and the PMDG site I couldn't find any specific place where it clearly states that it's in one and not the other. 

I figured that someone on this forum would know.

Thanks very much.

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw.

5 hours ago, forshaw said:

Hello;

Can anyone tell me if the ND Airport Map Display is available on the "FSX" version of PMDG 747-400 and -8i or only on the P3D version? I think I read somewhere on a forum where it was stated it is only available on the P3D but I wasn't quite sure. When searching the net and the PMDG site I couldn't find any specific place where it clearly states that it's in one and not the other. 

I figured that someone on this forum would know.

Thanks very much.

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw.

You could always look at the product page for the features.

https://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/products/FSX/748QOTSII.html

According to the feature list, it is included in the FSX version as well as the EFB.

BTW, PMDG has a forum here on Avsim. It’s usually best to ask in their forum with questions pertaining to their products. You can ask here as well, but why not go to the source first?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Isn't PMDG RainMaker the only thing, which is 'P3D-exclusive'?

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Isn't PMDG RainMaker the only thing, which is 'P3D-exclusive'?

I think so.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

2 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

You could always look at the product page for the features.

https://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/products/FSX/748QOTSII.html

According to the feature list, it is included in the FSX version as well as the EFB.

BTW, PMDG has a forum here on Avsim. It’s usually best to ask in their forum with questions pertaining to their products. You can ask here as well, but why not go to the source first?

Thank you Cmpbellsjc. I guess I didn't look hard enough  to find features on the Product Page, missed it:huh:. Interesting enough the original information I obtained was from the Avsim PMDG site however, I did misread the information about FSX; it was referring to something else on the Airport Map Display thread from "MFRANTZ"

As you can see I clearly misunderstood the response on the thread as Michael was responding to VIDEO question on the same thread. My bad. Thanks again.

Forshaw.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:57 AM, Spidierox said:

btw VIDEO does not work on FSX - EFB ?

No it is only a P3D feature (there are technical reasons for not being implemented in FSX)