Sign in to follow this  
HondaJet

Falcon 50 v1.7B A/P Problems

I am a brand new user on my first flight with this great looking aircraft in P3Dv4.4.  I went to 10,000' to test out the autopilot functions.  I can get the AP to engage but none of my AP mode selections will work and there are no lights when the buttons are pushed (left click).  I tried to select the function I wanted and then engage AP. 

I can see the buttons moving but they do not change the function and the lights are not working.  Example,  I have the GTN750 installed and set to GPS but it will not track the NAV or switch to HDG.  I have tried all of them but none light up when pushed.

Is there some special settings required in the GTN750 for this to work?  Do I need to do a reinstall or push back to a previous version of F50?

Any help would be appreciated.

I must say it flies very nice in the few minutes I have been in it.

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry Hayman

TThe other thing I noticed when starting the engines my N2 did not move at all.  The manual says to move the Power lever to Idle when N2 is > 12%.    After nothing happened I went ahead and moved the power lever to idle and then N2 came up along with the other instruments.  It does seem like I have some issues with this install.  Ideas?

Thanks,

Jerry

Edited by HondaJet
Typo

Jerry Hayman

I have had issues with the A/P lights not coming on - but the A/P is still working (just no indicators on the individual buttons). This can be solved by loading a default plane before loading the Falcon (at least for me). I am often a long way into the flight setup when I realize the lights don't work, so I don't often reboot and just fly that way.

Not very helpful, but just letting you know I've had the same issue with the lights.

Try changing to another default flight. This will fix the light issue. Or like me i un installed the the P3D V4.3 and did a fresh install of V4.4 as i have never had light issue not working and many other users. I found i was forced to do a fresh install so the PBR would work. Upgrading failed. I don't trust their update.

Never heard of the N2 not working until you move the throttles. That is odd. 

My Jetline computer is 1 month old and they installed P3Dv4.4 fresh.  It should be good so maybe my install of the Falcon 50 needs to be redone.  It is worth a try unless someone else has more suggestions.

Thanks,

Jerry Hayman

1 hour ago, HondaJet said:

My Jetline computer is 1 month old and they installed P3Dv4.4 fresh.  It should be good so maybe my install of the Falcon 50 needs to be redone.  It is worth a try unless someone else has more suggestions. 

Thanks,

I have had this problem (no highlighting of text on the autopilot). I loaded the flight with the F-35, turned on the parking brake and save that flight marking it as "default." Now when loading from the menu of creation of flight the Falcon is always loaded correctly and all systems work correctly and parking brake set.

Edited by Nickbe

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

44 minutes ago, Nickbe said:

I have had this problem (no highlighting of text on the autopilot). I loaded the flight with the F-35, turned on the parking brake and save that flight marking it as "default." Now when loading from the menu of creation of flight the Falcon is always loaded correctly and all systems work correctly and parking brake set.

I will do this from now on.

Strangely, without the GTN750 installed, I see all of the autopilot lights.  But when I have the GTN installed, I'm not seeing the VS light come on, although the mode is active and the bug shows properly on the VS gauge.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

7 hours ago, Mace said:

I will do this from now on.

Strangely, without the GTN750 installed, I see all of the autopilot lights.  But when I have the GTN installed, I'm not seeing the VS light come on, although the mode is active and the bug shows properly on the VS gauge.

That's the issue I run into more times than not - the HDG and ALT SEL will light up, but V/S and NAV and APR won't light even though they are working.

Good news, I did a fresh DL of the Falcon and then reinstall to PDv4.4.  A quick test flight and all the AP functions and lights are working now.   Also the N2 and other gauges worked right this time for startup.

Jerry

Jerry Hayman