Sign in to follow this  
idude

Installing Scenery

From what I gathered it is pretty straight forward, just unzip the scenery folder in the Custom Scenery folder, nevertheless I was wondering if I could create other directories inside the Custom Scenery so I could manage my scenery better, for example for the airports I would create an Airport directory and put all my airports in there, then I would create a Libraries folder to put all my libraries folders in there.  Can this be done?

no, sorry, this will not work.

All ordering, enabling and disabling of scenery is done in the scenery.ini file.

What some people do is create empty directories (airports, VFR scenery, meshes, etc) and use those as seperators in the scenery.ini file.

• Like 1

Another thing you can do is categorize with a prefix to keep airports or regions together in the list. For example, rename all your airport folders with an underline or tilde as the first character. You could prefix by region as well, something like this:

_USA_(Airport name or ICAO code)
_EUR_(Airport name or ICAO code)

That would keep all your airports grouped together in the list. Just avoid renaming scenery managed by an installer, like Orbx folders, or utility folders used by other scenery where the name shouldn't be changed, like "MisterX_Library".

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

On 2/26/2019 at 3:30 PM, soaring_penguin said:

no, sorry, this will not work.

All ordering, enabling and disabling of scenery is done in the scenery.ini file.

What some people do is create empty directories (airports, VFR scenery, meshes, etc) and use those as seperators in the scenery.ini file.

Exactly, that's what I do.

full.png

On 2/26/2019 at 5:58 PM, Paraffin said:

Another thing you can do is categorize with a prefix to keep airports or regions together in the list. For example, rename all your airport folders with an underline or tilde as the first character. You could prefix by region as well, something like this:

_USA_(Airport name or ICAO code)
_EUR_(Airport name or ICAO code)

That would keep all your airports grouped together in the list. Just avoid renaming scenery managed by an installer, like Orbx folders, or utility folders used by other scenery where the name shouldn't be changed, like "MisterX_Library".

Wow, what a simple but excellent idea!  Thanks.