PJHB

HUD/HGS Brightness

Recommended Posts

Hi All

I'm using the PMDG 737 800NGX in P3DV4 and I can't for the life of me get the HUD display (Combiner) bright enough for me to use.  I can see it, but playing with the brightness control on the overhead unit has no effect.

Any ideas please?  I have done a search and nothing useful came up.  It looks set up on the Radio Panel, and I can change information and display, it's just not bright enough!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

7 hours ago, PJHB said:

Hi All

I'm using the PMDG 737 800NGX in P3DV4 and I can't for the life of me get the HUD display (Combiner) bright enough for me to use.  I can see it, but playing with the brightness control on the overhead unit has no effect.

Any ideas please?  I have done a search and nothing useful came up.  It looks set up on the Radio Panel, and I can change information and display, it's just not bright enough!?


 Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2/28/2019 at 1:18 AM, Olympic260 said:


 Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

Hey much as I personally agree with using full names on ANY forums isn't this forum now the USER TO USER forum as the commercial support has moved on to your own site? Great to see staff still helping out here but could you confirm if the rules are now the generic AVSIM rules or still the same as the commercial support rules have always been? 

Edited by sloppysmusic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Deleted by flyfed.

Edited by flyfed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Hey much as I personally agree with using full names on ANY forums isn't this forum now the USER TO USER forum as the commercial support has moved on to your own site? Great to see staff still helping out here but could you confirm if the rules are now the generic AVSIM rules or still the same as the commercial support rules have always been? 

Since this is no longer an “official forum” the first and last name rule no longer applies here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flyfed said:

Since Olympic260 just reminded the OP about that, I don't see any reason to think the requirement to use first and last names is cancelled.

The forum is now an “unofficial support” forum and the standard Avsim rules only apply now. No first and last name are required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

The forum is now an “unofficial support” forum and the standard Avsim rules only apply now. No first and last name are required.

Thanks for clarifying that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now