Sign in to follow this  
Opterix

Closed door at the new PMDG-Forum and no right to privacy

1 hour ago, kevinh said:

[...] That’s one of the reasons I like and respect it. PMDG only added the additional rule of requiring full real names. Partly to help track illegal users but mainly to encourage civility. Why some people equate forum anonymity with privacy is beyond me. Hiding behind a nickname online allows some people to behave badly in a way they would never do face to face. If you post in public you should be responsible for what you say. I’ll continue to follow PMDG rules in this forum even though their mods are no longer here to enforce it. I encourage others to do the same. Just because the police aren’t around is no reason to break the law.

@kevinh and everybody: I think it's better to discuss this in a seperate thread. Let me give the following answers.

> PMDG only added the additional rule of requiring full real names. Partly to help track illegal users ...
I'm not a criminal. Only because there are some criminals I don't want to be treated as a criminal or a potential criminal. For the same reason I don't want to have spy-software on my computer like Lefteris Kalamares tried to establish as ethical.
And I'm not hiding behind a nickname. I just keep my right to decide for myself who may know my name and who not. If you are sitting in the subway would you wear a big board with your name? Your full real name?
What would the other people think about you? And what would you think about  persons or companies who want to force you to wear a nameplate in the subway? 

> Hiding behind a nickname online allows some people to behave badly in a way they would never do face to face.
Yeah - Mr. Randazzo thinks, that there would be more respect if everybody writes with full real names.
But if Mr. Randazzo does not respect my right to privacy and is treating me like a potential criminal, why should I respect him? I can understand everybody who thinks like this.

Nice weekend to everybody
Peter

Edited by Opterix
  • Upvote 1

You seem to like the free world....

im not saying your points aren’t valid.. but honestly if you don’t like it don’t participate/ buy the product. Simple

have a few beers

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sam said:

I'm not saying your points aren’t valid.. but honestly if you don’t like it don’t participate/ buy the product. Simple

have a few beers

Or if you don't want to give a full first and last name, you don't have to use the PMDG forums on their new site.  The user to user site here will continue on and no signatures required.

It's now time to stop trying to whip up a heated discussion about something that no longer exists here.  (If you get my drift). 🤐

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Found your voice after they've left town, hey?

• Like 2

David Porrett

End of this discussion, anyway!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: