Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

FTX Tahoe and Monterey with just FTX LC North America

Hi Everyone 

There was a bit of a hot topic a few months ago re FTX saying that it’s airport products “had to have”  FTX Northern California to work.

It turned out that this was not precisely correct, it would work with FTX OLC North America but with perhaps some issues that were caused by not having the full fat regions installed.

I do not want to start another war about this but was wondering if anyone has these airports running with just FTX North America in the background and what “problems” are you seeing by doing this.  

‘The full fat regions in North America do tend to have some system taxing features that I don’t see when using a slightly less detailed FTX OLC NA and would love to run these sceneries, just wondering how bad or otherwise the impact is not running it with the full fat background scenery.

Thanking you for any information you can provide.

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

I can’t speak to the P3D version but I have Tahoe working as a “stand alone” with just Global, OpenLC and UTX installed in FSX and it works fine.

Monteray on the other hand I have read that it has some issues without have the associated region installed and based on that I never purchased it and took a chance.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

5 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

I can’t speak to the P3D version but I have Tahoe working as a “stand alone” with just Global, OpenLC and UTX installed in FSX and it works fine.

Monteray on the other hand I have read that it has some issues without have the associated region installed and based on that I never purchased it and took a chance.

Thank you for the information sir.

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

Took a look at them both in P3Dv4.4 with just OpenLCNA, and they both have some elevation problems that the correction tool doesn't seem to help with.

Russ

Edited by b1bmsgt
Updated info

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

There’s major elevation issues with Monterey and after extensively trying to remedy it working with Orbx people to edit files nothing worked so I have uninstalled it because I don’t run either of the Ca regions anymore because of the frame impacts particularly in VR. I do run Global and Landclass but the regions include those plus Vectors and much more.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2