Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

Carenado PA31T Cheyenne II Mod v3.0

I started out to correct the engine starting problem caused by P3Dv4.4.  The Cheyenne mod was one of my first and didn't include some of the system corrections found in my later mods.  So, I decided to upgrade it a little.  I am just finishing up version 3.0 and here are some things I did:

1. Updated engine parameters to work with P3D v4.4.

2. Completely rebuilt the KFC 300 autopilot to operate in accordance with its pilot guide (included).

3. Corrected engine deicing to comply with the Cheyenne II POH (included).

4. Corrected surface deicing to comply with the POH.

5. Corrected the secondary low pitch stop test to comply with the POH.

6. Corrected the prop overspeed governor test to comply with the POH.

7. Corrected the interior lights master.  It now works.

8. Added repercussions for overtemp and overtorque.

9. Adjusted gas generator RPM and ITT to more closely emulate the real aircraft.

10. No reverse without right main and nose gear on ground in accordance with POH.

11. Modeled the electrical system and loads.  (You must follow the checklist when starting or you may run into some of the aforementioned repercussions.)

12. Provisions for the Flight1 GTN, Flight1 GNS, and the Carenado GNS.  RXP versions can easily be inserted using their utility.  Also provisions for MILVIZ/REX Wx Radar. 

13. Folded both the normal and LITE versions into a single folder.

14. Probably some other things I have already forgotten. 

Things I couldn't find a way to fix"

1. The stupid ignition switches.  The strangest implementation I've seen.  And they were somehow able to do it using simulation variables not present in the P3D SDK.  Oh, well......

2. The animation of the fuel selector indication.  It just isn't there in the model.  Always says "OFF" even when it's on. 

If you are on the mailing list you will get the update through email.  If you are not on the mailing list and would like to try the mod, send a PM request with your email address included.

As usual, this mod should be considered a Beta release.  Feedback is greatly encouraged and welcome. 

Because of the similarities between the two aircraft, the Cheyenne III will likely be next. 

Regards,

Bill

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Awesome, excellent work as always Bill. Thank you so much for fixing what should have been fixed by Carenado as well as bringing more realism to this aircraft, your work is greatly appreciated!

Cheers! 🙂

Edited by Jocko Flocko

Andrew Walker

Thanks Bill!

Greg

• Upvote 1

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:43 PM, whamil77 said:

. The animation of the fuel selector indication.  It just isn't there in the model.  Always says "OFF" even when it's on. 

Yes thanks for the latest mods Bill, as with regards to the fuel selectors I contacted Carenado on another of the Airplanes awhile back and got the response ' you need to load the default airplane first' and in Prepar3D loading up the F22 appears to do the trick.

bob

edit   Can't  get the panel lights to come on ( that's in the gtn mod panel), they are working in the original panel. ( should have added w10 p3d 4.4 )

Edited by onebob

3 hours ago, onebob said:

Can't  get the panel lights to come on

sorted, founded the master switch,!!!

bob

• Upvote 1

I'm doing something wrong.  I can successfully start the left engine, but I've had two right engine fires on successive startup tries.  The fire looks really true to life, but darned if I can get a successful engine start, using the same sequence that I used with the left engine.  I'm following the Checklist as best as I can see, so what should I be looking out for?  Anything to especially pay attention to that I may have forgotten?

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

The Piper checklist is not the greatest......but in summary....

Start the first engine. Disengage the starter at 52% N1 RPM.

Throttle the first engine up to 68% N1 RPM and engage the Generator. 

When the generator load gets below 100 amps, the lower the better, start the second engine.

You are getting engine fires because the battery has not sufficiently re-charged after the first engine start, which causes a hot start and fire on the second engine because there is insufficient electric power available to accelerate the second engine RPM through the start cycle.  Ensure the battery has charged sufficiently (as indicated by a load below 100 amps on the first generator). 

I'm sorry you have been waiting for this answer for 16 hours.  PM me with any additional questions.  I don't peruse the forums very often but I get an email notification with a PM. 

Regards,

Bill

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, whamil77 said:

Ensure the battery has charged sufficiently (as indicated by a load below 100 amps on the first generator). 

Thanks for the reply, Bill.  No problem waiting for your reply.

This could be the key to the problem and warrants a closer look.  Thanks again.

Stew

Stew

Success starting both engines after Bill's advice--no more engine fires, although they looked pretty cool!

Also a tweak that allows ATC to refer to the Cheyenne properly:

[General]
atc_type=Piper
atc_model=PAY31T

Cheers!

Stew

• Upvote 1

Stew

Hello,

I've tested your B200 mod, and i have to say that it's just amazing. I would like to have this mod too 🙂 and also be added to the mailing list

Thank you!

Cesar G

11 hours ago, cesgz said:

Hello,

I've tested your B200 mod, and i have to say that it's just amazing. I would like to have this mod too 🙂 and also be added to the mailing list

Thank you!

Cesar G

Hello, Cesar.  Regrettably, Bill hasn't posted here in quite awhile, and we don't know why exactly.  However, if you will pm your email address to me, I'll be happy to send you my copy, plus a reference list and a checklist.

• Like 1

Stew

Is there still a chance of getting these mods for the Cheyenne II?

Thanks

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

On 9/2/2020 at 11:09 AM, helberger said:

Is there still a chance of getting these mods for the Cheyenne II?

Thanks

I apologize for the delay--didn't see you post.  Please pm your email address to me and I can send you Bill's mod for the Cheyenne II.  See the post above yours...

Stew

Stew

Hi Stewart

Tried sending you a PM, says they are disabled.
I'm on Bill's list as well and would appreciate a copy of the mod, please

Kind regards

Joe