Sign in to follow this  
gcrewmc

Tilting during Ground Steering

Hi all,

I am pretty new to P3D V4 but I realized that whenever I turn, my aircraft tilts to one side. Even when I am going like 5kts, the aircraft still tilts. I've used default aircraft and the Aerosoft CRJ. Any ideas on how to prevent this as I don't remember this from the FSX days.

Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

pedal or tiller nosewheel steering ?

What do you mean? If it's in terms of equipment I use, I have the Logitech 3D controller and I use the rudder that is incorporated into that.

How bad is the tilt? The Aerosoft CRJ normally tilts towards the outside of the turn a little bit.

FWIW I have a couple of POSKY airliners (FSX:SE) which can generate quite a wobble if allowed! - AKA gross mishandling of a freeware model by me banging the nosewheel steering lock to lock. (Proportional rocker on my Thrustmaster HOTAS X)😉

I would hazard a guess that at 5 knots there would probably not be much tilt whilst turning in the real world... although maybe a sudden increase in steering angle, even at that slow speed may generate a tilt... purely my conjecture..

At default settings the rudder input is *really* sensitive. If you push the control only a little bit, it translates into a very big control surface / steering movement. Even at slow speeds, if you crank the wheel hard over, you will lean, and it's really easy to crank it hard over without even realizing it.

• Like 1

I use the twist rudder control on my Saitek X52 Pro to turn the aircraft on the ground, and i've never noted any tilting of any of the aircraft I have installed, and I have a bunch of them, mostly payware add on's, but a few freeware also.