Sign in to follow this  
Nick Dobda

737 Max

I'm a PMDG NGX fan and for years have been watching people requesting slit scimitars and seeing PMDG developers saying they won't add them because PMDG prides itself in accurate modeling and it would go against philosophy to do a cosmetic update. I've always thought I can live with that, I probably wouldn't have noticed a flight characteristic change anyway, and I'm never outside the plane other then for the walk around (in all my workarounds I've never found anything wrong... imagine that! LOL).

I'm sure its probably been discussed at nauseam, but is the MAX upgrade to the 737 enough to warrant PMDG to deploy resources to develop a MAX? All this talk about the MAX in the news recently got me wishing I could transition out of the NGX and into an MAXX.

Edited by Nick Dobda

1 hour ago, Nick Dobda said:

All this talk about the MAX in the news recently got me wishing I could transition out of the NGX and into an MAXX.

I can imagine for your next car you want to buy a Corvair or a Pinto?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

PMDG doesn't care what anyone wants or say's about anything in this forum anymore!😀

30 minutes ago, charliearon said:

I can imagine for your next car you want to buy a Corvair or a Pinto?

LOL - something about the 737 I love. I bet if you look hard enough there are Corvair and Pinto car groups somewhere too!

3 hours ago, Nick Dobda said:

I'm sure its probably been discussed at nauseam, but is the MAX upgrade to the 737 enough to warrant PMDG to deploy resources to develop a MAX? All this talk about the MAX in the news recently got me wishing I could transition out of the NGX and into an MAXX.

Apparently, its not as easy as we think....or is it?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/737-max-8-pilots-transitioned-with-self-administered-online-course/ar-BBV53rD?ocid=spartandhp

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

3 hours ago, Avidean said:

PMDG doesn't care what anyone wants or say's about anything in this forum anymore!😀

That's not true. There are a couple of PMDG mods that still come to this site and offer their input from time to time. Most of the time when I log in to the site I see one of the other here.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I still lurk. Most of the team sticks to ours, though, seemingly.

All the same, I would caution that - even though some of us might pop in from time to time - if anyone has a direct question for us, that it goes to support. It's guaranteed to be seen.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers