Sign in to follow this  
bosflo

Should Have Learned My Lesson

So once upon a time, I was using REX skyforce, AS, ASCA, and Envtex together and it all seemed fine. The past couple of days I have been tinkering around with envtex and ASCA and now ASCA doesn't see my Envtex textures. There are about 64 Envtex textures that ASCA uses at random but I only have 4 now. This results in problems with ASCA because it's looking for textures that are not there. I tried all sorts of combinations in settings and it didn't work. I even uninstalled and reinstalled Envtex. I also followed a very good tutorial and still no luck. Now I am at the end of my rope and it's giving me real fits. I really should have left things alone but I am always chasing another "improvement". By the way, I would be so happy to see one product that does everything and doesn't have a hundred different names. It's getting more confusing every time something new is announced. Thank guys

Edited by bosflo

I had the same problem and could solve it by uninstall/reinstall ASCA. ENVTEX/ASCA combination is still a bit problematic. Currently I don't use Envtex/Envshade to keep my sim as "clean" as possible.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

It's too difficult to give a topic a meaningful title, right?

Sorry for the off-topic, but it's annoying sometimes.

• Upvote 5

Regards, Sebastian

My ASCA Envtex/Shade combo works fine together. As an aviator, I set my utilities up once, and let them automatically do what they are designed to do. My skies/atmosphere are different and awesome every time, no tinker needed as I want to be flying.😃

Not strange that an uninstall/reinstall of only Envtex did not solve the problem. You should uninstall all of them (Envtex, AS, ASCA, and skyforce) then reinstall them before losing hope. If that does not help, both Hi-Fi and Toga have excellent customer service. They will help you; just let them know precisely what you were tinkering with and the usual system info, product versions, ect., rex support may have to be consulted too.

If nothing else helps (which is extremely unlikely), all is not lost, P3D 4.5 should be released before too long, and this would be a good time to "clean" install P3D. 🙂

• Like 1

Reinstall your content to get your originals shaders back.Thats what I do. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" - I'm one of those who installed ASP4, ASCA, Envtex, Envshade - made a few adjustments and just fly. On rare occasions I get a cloud set or sky that I don't particularly like but that will happen no matter what you use. Most of the time I'm just flying along enjoying the weather during the flight.

These addons, especially those relating to the weather have many options - if you start tweaking them in various combinations you will spend way more time tweaking than flying and generally not wind up better than you started.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

13 hours ago, bosflo said:

There are about 64 Envtex textures that ASCA uses at random but I only have 4 now.

Just out of curiosity...how do you see how many textures are used and to whom they belong?

I am using ASCA and ENVTEX/ENVSHADE but have no clue how to look if the textures are used ok...

Can you please advise? Thank you!

BR,

Gerald

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Thanks guys, after a reinstall then everything came back.

I found the textures in ASCA. If you check under WX influence, you see all the textures with envtex. I was told that if you click on each one then you will see that the cloud weather types are checked depending on the conditions. If you click on a non envtex texture then you won't see any check marks.

7 hours ago, pracines said:

My ASCA Envtex/Shade combo works fine together. 😃

Yeah, mine too.  Love it!  Best weather textures I've seen since REX Essentials... and I have and have tested all the available freeware weather textures (and weather engines) and I find nothing more realistic looking than ActiveSky with ASCA and ENVTEX.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.