Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

BGTN Errors New to Falcon v 1.8C (not in 1.8b)

I  updated to latest version by uninstalling 1.8B and then installing 1.8C. 

I now have persistent GTN errors that crash the sim, but only with the Falcon. I am running dual GTN 750 units, and I did not have this problem before version 1.8C. These errors are always precipitated by sound problems as well. The plane's sound starts to change, then I have to push Q to get the correct sound back. But, right after that starts, I get an app crash, and the following report comes. (yes, I have the latest GTNs installed)

Faulting application name: GTN Simulator.exe, version: 6.50.1.0, time stamp: 0x5be0a390
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.17763.292, time stamp: 0xf3450dbf
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x00051e0b
Faulting process id: 0x4e58
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4e4f706e74c00
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\Flight1 Aviation Technologies\GTNGauge\GTNSysV6501\GTN Simulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: d2665674-c454-49fc-b2f1-7d19a5e81b9b
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I know the GTN is a Flight1 gauge, but I just ran an hour or so in the Bonanza with the GTN750 and had no issues. I only have this problem with the Falcon v 1.8C.

Any help is appreciated. 🙂

1 hour ago, rightseat said:

I  updated to latest version by uninstalling 1.8B and then installing 1.8C. 

I now have persistent GTN errors that crash the sim, but only with the Falcon. I am running dual GTN 750 units, and I did not have this problem before version 1.8C. These errors are always precipitated by sound problems as well. The plane's sound starts to change, then I have to push Q to get the correct sound back. But, right after that starts, I get an app crash, and the following report comes. (yes, I have the latest GTNs installed)

I have been using a single Reality XP GTN750 with the Falcon50 v1.8C without a problem, but tired loading dual Flight1 GTN750s into the Falcon50 v1.8C to see what would happen and was able to fly a short 50+ NM GPS flight plan without any problems. So I don't think there is an inherent issue with the Falcon50 1.8C version.

My initial thoughts are maybe you have a bad install, or maybe even the installer download was corrupted somehow.  If I had this problem, I would uninstall the Falcon50, then make sure there were no leftover files in the Falcon's simobjects install location, redownload the v1.8C installer and try again.

One thing you could try before uninstalling and reinstalling is a different GPS, either the Reality XP GTN750 if you have it, or if not the FSW GPS which comes with the Falcon50, just to see if changing the GPS makes a difference. You could also rerun the Falcon50 GPS management tool and switch to a single Flight1 GTN750, again just to experiment to see if it makes a difference. Maybe the GPS management tool had a weird problem when you first ran it.

Can't think of anything else to try at the moment. I assume you have not changed anything else -- no new addons, etc.

Al

BTW, what does the B in BGTN stand for in the thread title  🤔?

Edited by ark

If you have sound issues as well i think your computer is busy and can't handle the GTN750 our model and all the sound files. So i would download our reduced 32 bit version from our product page. If your using P3D then never mind. 

I run the Falcon on P3D v2.4with both F1 GTN750 without using the 32 bit version from the product page and have had no problems with about a dozen flights using v1.8c. System 4790K, 970GTX, 16megs RAM, only addon running FSGRW, posted just for comparative purposes.

Strange. I am running P3dv4, and I had no issues with the Falcon prior to v 1.8C, and I ran the dual GTN 750s for several hours at a time.

I traced the sound issues to my RealTek drivers and those are sorted. It turns out I was having those same issues with other planes later that same day.

Sorry to bump this old thread but could you share how you resolved the issue?  I’m running into a similar CTD issue.

Thanks

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 hours ago, regis9 said:

Sorry to bump this old thread but could you share how you resolved the issue?  I’m running into a similar CTD issue.

Thanks

It would be helpful if you could provide more details on exactly what is happening in your case.

What sim version and what a/c version are you using?  If running P3Dv4.5 and using a GTN750 and/or REX  WX radar, do you have the latest (fairly recent) P3Dv4.5 updates for both?  When does the CTD seem to be happening?  Where things working OK before you made any recent changes?

Al

Edited by ark

My issue was resolved with an update to my sound drivers. It seemed to fix it.