Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Reacon

.PTP files

Recommended Posts

Hello,

new to this forum. has anyone ever tried and had luck with opening .ptp files with winrar and unpacking the liveries etc for manual install? i prefer installing stuff manually so i know what goes where etc. old habit.

 

anyway, i've tried opening them before with winrar however i can't get it to work 

 

thanks,

Reacon

Share this post


Link to post

I recommend using Google (or the like) and search for a utility to open this type of file.

 


Thank you.

Rick

 $Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

thanks for the reply @188AHC!

 

i've tried that but all the one's i've tried flag up as viruses on my antivirus 

Share this post


Link to post

That is not a data file. I recommend deleting it. It may well be dangerous.

Docklight is a test, analysis and simulation tool for serial communication protocols (RS232, RS485/422 and others). It allows you to monitor the communication between two serial devices or to test the serial communication of a single device. This association is classified as Text.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Penzoil3 said:

That is not a data file. I recommend deleting it. It may well be dangerous.

Docklight is a test, analysis and simulation tool for serial communication protocols (RS232, RS485/422 and others). It allows you to monitor the communication between two serial devices or to test the serial communication of a single device. This association is classified as Text.

i’m talking about the PMDG texture files that come as .ptp

Share this post


Link to post

PMDG is the only organization that has .ptp files to extract new liveries within.  It is called the PMDG Texture Pack (PTP).  You can only open it via the Livery Manager in the PMDG Operations Center and click on Add Livery (for the aircraft you wish to have the livery added).  This will usually take you to your Documents folder but the file can also be placed in the Download folder or anywhere else on your computer.  You would just have to find it, click on it within the PMDG Operations Center, and click on Open.  The file will be extracted in the proper folder.  If you want to see what was extracted, go to Windows Explorer and locate FSX or Prepar3D folder (the sim you are installing the livery too).  Open up the SimObjects>Airplanes and then scroll down to the aircraft you installed the textures for your new livery.  Depending on the number of liveries installed, you should be able to identify the specific texture folder.  PMDG will also modify the aircraft.cfg to add the new model with the new textures. 

There is absolutely no other way to open a PMDG Texture Pack.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Jim Young said:

PMDG is the only organization that has .ptp files to extract new liveries within.  It is called the PMDG Texture Pack (PTP).  You can only open it via the Livery Manager in the PMDG Operations Center and click on Add Livery (for the aircraft you wish to have the livery added).  This will usually take you to your Documents folder but the file can also be placed in the Download folder or anywhere else on your computer.  You would just have to find it, click on it within the PMDG Operations Center, and click on Open.  The file will be extracted in the proper folder.  If you want to see what was extracted, go to Windows Explorer and locate FSX or Prepar3D folder (the sim you are installing the livery too).  Open up the SimObjects>Airplanes and then scroll down to the aircraft you installed the textures for your new livery.  Depending on the number of liveries installed, you should be able to identify the specific texture folder.  PMDG will also modify the aircraft.cfg to add the new model with the new textures. 

There is absolutely no other way to open a PMDG Texture Pack.

thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

….. and how can I create a .ptp file for a livery I am painting now be installed via Operations Center ???

 

Thanks

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, jjgp101 said:

….. and how can I create a .ptp file for a livery I am painting now be installed via Operations Center ???

Read the manual for the paint kit, the instructions on how to do so are in there.


Captain Kevin

8e9bfe368edaef204bfa6a1373fc6422.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks Captain Kevin, I had not seen the manual.....

 

Regards

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    34%
    $8,560.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...