Sign in to follow this  
Phantom88

CVN 74

Some Hornet and Tomcat Carrier Trap Practice aboard The USS John C. .Stennis.DCS  

Screen-190322-120557.png

Screen-190329-195500.png

Screen-190330-053832.png

Screen-190329-201111.png

Screen-190330-055035.png

File-Dec-13-3-42-32-AM.png

Screen-190330-082558.png

Screen-190330-080414.png

Screen-190330-082917.png

Screen-190326-191649.png

File-Mar-16-6-22-12-AM.png

Thanks for viewing friends!! 

• Like 7

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Are there 2 real pics with all those?  Anyway they look awesome.  Ive heard it's difficult to land on the carrier in DCS.  what would you say?

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Are there 2 real pics with all those?  Anyway they look awesome....

Excellent pictures from the DCS as usual, Patrick!

And, as Ryan says, the two images with the Signaling Officers in them...look amazingly real...🙂...

• Upvote 1

All amazing shots! Very realistic.

• Upvote 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

:biggrin: Haha!!! I thought I'd catch you guy's sleeping on a Sunday Morning...I should of known better...Can't Sneak anything by you Aviation/Sim Fans!!! :biggrin: Yes indeed...I threw 2 real Hornet Carrier pics in as well:biggrin: Thank You for your comments friends,Cheer 

"Ive heard it's difficult to land on the carrier in DCS.  what would you say?"

Ryan,I would say the Hornet is Super Hard to land correctly on a carrier,The Tomcat has a "Direct Lift Control "Feature that helps it a lot...You should give it a try...Its tons of Fun.

Edited by Phantom88
  • Like 1

Patrick

I can barely land the hornet on an airfield, never mind a carrier 😀

The F-14 is definitely easier to land both on land and at sea, but certainly still no walk in the park to slam it down on a wire.  Great fun though!

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

13 hours ago, regis9 said:

I can barely land the hornet on an airfield, never mind a carrier 😀

The F-14 is definitely easier to land both on land and at sea, but certainly still no walk in the park to slam it down on a wire.  Great fun though!

Haha!!! Yea,I feel your pain...I can't tell you how many insults that have been hurled at me from my "Backseat Driver" Jester...My RIO on all my landings!!!😂 Incidentally The Tomcat received an update yesterday that supposed to make it a bit harder to maintain AoA on Carrier Landings....This was the result of a real Tomcat's Pilot's input...kinda Cool.

22 hours ago, woodhick said:

Looking good indeed Patrick.  Have a good one

Thank You very much Dan!! Happy Spring to you!!!

• Like 1

Patrick

5 hours ago, Phantom88 said:

Incidentally The Tomcat received an update yesterday that supposed to make it a bit harder to maintain AoA on Carrier Landings....This was the result of a real Tomcat's Pilot's input...kinda Cool.

Please be an optional update, my ego can’t take that 😀

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Stunning work Patrick, very dramatic!

What video-card again, I'm building a new system for my brother and he would be interested in DCS.

Edited by SP2472
  • Like 1

I have been on the Enterprise, and the Midway.  My Dad helped design the safety standards for the nuclear systems from the sub fleet and onward thru the Navy's surface fleet.  He helped launch the Trident sub program and the Nimitz class carriers as well.  He would often commute to Bremerton Washington, and/or Hawaii, for his work in those programs, before being asked to work for the US Nuclear Regulatory commission until he retired in '94, just after I met my fiance.  Sadly radiation exposure in his work gave him cancer, his exposure was passed to us, my brothers and Mom also being lost and cancer now hangs over me like a sword of Damocles since I have already had one lesion removed way back in '97 and my pancreas, according to my doctors, is probably next. 

Still my father and mother never complained, the government rewarded them with high pay, higher pay than a congressman at that time, and I am rewarded with high disability which allows me to live independently.  The Nuclear Navy has had a good safety record thanks to my father and those that worked with him out of his offices at the now closed Mare Island, in Vallejo. 

The Nuclear power system and medical facilities has had a good safety record.  My father's first gig for the NRC resulted in the highest fine ever levied against a nuclear power plant, but changed nuclear safety in our country forever.  I live near that very reactor, Palo Verde here in Phoenix, feeling quite safe knowing my father was its inspector. 

My father was asked to go to Chernobyl but the government would not allow him to go due to the risk to his health, but he was consulted during that disaster and we had many friends in Russia at that time, since there was increasing non proliferation cooperation starting at that time.  Admiral Rickover, my father's highest boss for the navy (my father was a civilian, former Army Staff Sergeant) tried to block my father's transfer out of the Navy. 

Rickover could be very pushy and just when we thought my father was stuck, John McCain helped us with congressional intervention and Admiral Rickover had to concede defeat, which must have been very hard since we knew his personality so well.  I met him once, as a small boy, and he scared me for some reason, even though he is the father of our nuclear navy and deserves to be remembered as such.

Among the things we had in our home was my Father's Geiger counter, and he would amuse us by pointing it at our glow in the dark watches, which use radioactive material for their illumination.

John

• Like 1