Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Airport not receiving cloud shadows

6 minutes ago, simbol said:

But this is not the correct way to build the airport in accordance with P3D SDK instructions,

Yep... another odd issue is that e.g. the RWY markings don't receive shadow even when the option is checked.

Default airports work.

*EDITED*: RWY markings receive it if you turn Buildings to ON

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

6 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Don't have any issue with OrbX's LOWI myself, with all the receive options ticked.

But untick Buildings and Simobjects please and look at the aircraft shadows (no need to look for clouds...)

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

5 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Don't have any issue with OrbX's LOWI myself, with all the receive options ticked. That is blending perfectly;

GIIRueD.jpg

I know this is unrelated to the topic, but mind sharing what Shader/Reshade profiles you use?

2 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

But untick Buildings and Simobjects please and look at the aircraft shadows (no need to look for clouds...)

Ah, that is beyond the scope of what I'm looking to test. I want everything to receive shadow, so I've ticked everything 🙂

2 minutes ago, itsjase said:

I know this is unrelated to the topic, but mind sharing what Shader/Reshade profiles you use?

That is TomatoShade 28 + R&D, also as a follow-up for what you said earlier. Also my own Reshade preset that I'm just messing around with, still need to dial in the sim before I dial in the preset. Still seeing the exact same issue with that combination. I'm rather confident it's now the compatibility issue with V4, as the fsdreamteam developer talked about, as EKCH getting a bit old and the issue has been reported with it before. Though I have been told an updated version is in the works but with FT, it could be years before we see that.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Ah okay for you yeh it probably is an issue with the scenery, got you confused with the other guy that was having problems at LOWI.

I know this is an old post, but i'll say it anyway ..... 
I had exactly the same problem with Miami, the international one.
However i fixed it myself with "airport design editor" and "ModelConverterX".

ok, now let me give you an example for somewhere else:
The problem was coming from the developers from an airport. It was the "wrong elevation".
I noticed that in the simulator map, when i put my mouse over airport the elevation was
(lets say for example :58,4 feet.)
...but the real elevation should be ( example: 59 feet) .... so, what THIS means is that, this tiny little bit of
a difference on these numbers, can resault in this exact issue..... you understand what i'm sayin ? 😉

When i was on the runway, i turned the camera left. when the camera reached the grass, i saw shadows 
below the runway
from my aircraft. But not over the runway.
So, i opened the correct bgl file from the developer and started to look around..changed the elevation to correct  number and................ BOOM !! 💥 😍
problem fixed.
I hope this helps somehow ...... cheers, Dimitri. 🍺

Edited by mitsos