pgde

Airports Blacking Out, Prepar3d.cfg add?

Some time ago, a fix for 4.4 was posted that one adds to prepar3d.cfg that eliminates the reloading of an airport (i.e. blacking out) when one changes views. I have done a number of searches and can't find it. Does anybody remember what that add to the cfg file is? I am still getting this issue in v4.5.

My apologies if this is an obvious answer, but I think I am having a senior moment.....I'll write it down this time :)

Many thanks!

P.

35 minutes ago, pgde said:

Some time ago, a fix for 4.4 was posted that one adds to prepar3d.cfg that eliminates the reloading of an airport (i.e. blacking out) when one changes views. I have done a number of searches and can't find it. Does anybody remember what that add to the cfg file is? I am still getting this issue in v4.5.

My apologies if this is an obvious answer, but I think I am having a senior moment.....I'll write it down this time :)

Many thanks!

P.

TextureMaxLoad=6

Non-Default entry. This entry will not exist in your Prepar3D.cfg file by default and must be added to the file.

Performance Tuning Tip:

This can induce stutters. Use multiples of 3 only such as 3, 6, 9, etc. This is perfect for photorealistic scenery

Instead, we can choose values between 10 and 200 with TBM, and no stutter:

[Display]

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=180 (Smoother texture handling with medium+ autogen.)

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=10 (Smoother frame rate with very low or no autogen.)

MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=32000.0000  (default is 1000.00000).

This is the change I made to prevent "blackouts". It came from one of Rob's posts. The entry is already there in your P3d.cfg file. Just change the value and test again.

Regards.

Peter.

Perfect -- exactly what I was looking for! Thanks all for the answers!

Regards,

P.

You can in fact push this up to the same as your Scenery draw distance max at =64000.000000. if you have the VRAM , as rob posted when he was still here it stop the GPU off loading and loading near scenery and when you change view you don't see the scenery reload.