Sign in to follow this  
pgde

Airports Blacking Out, Prepar3d.cfg add?

Some time ago, a fix for 4.4 was posted that one adds to prepar3d.cfg that eliminates the reloading of an airport (i.e. blacking out) when one changes views. I have done a number of searches and can't find it. Does anybody remember what that add to the cfg file is? I am still getting this issue in v4.5.

My apologies if this is an obvious answer, but I think I am having a senior moment.....I'll write it down this time :)

Many thanks!

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

35 minutes ago, pgde said:

Some time ago, a fix for 4.4 was posted that one adds to prepar3d.cfg that eliminates the reloading of an airport (i.e. blacking out) when one changes views. I have done a number of searches and can't find it. Does anybody remember what that add to the cfg file is? I am still getting this issue in v4.5.

My apologies if this is an obvious answer, but I think I am having a senior moment.....I'll write it down this time :)

Many thanks!

P.

TextureMaxLoad=6

Non-Default entry. This entry will not exist in your Prepar3D.cfg file by default and must be added to the file.

Performance Tuning Tip:

This can induce stutters. Use multiples of 3 only such as 3, 6, 9, etc. This is perfect for photorealistic scenery

Instead, we can choose values between 10 and 200 with TBM, and no stutter:

[Display]

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=180 (Smoother texture handling with medium+ autogen.)

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=10 (Smoother frame rate with very low or no autogen.)

Matt Wilson

MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=32000.0000  (default is 1000.00000).

This is the change I made to prevent "blackouts". It came from one of Rob's posts. The entry is already there in your P3d.cfg file. Just change the value and test again.

Regards.

Peter.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Perfect -- exactly what I was looking for! Thanks all for the answers!

Regards,

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

You can in fact push this up to the same as your Scenery draw distance max at =64000.000000. if you have the VRAM , as rob posted when he was still here it stop the GPU off loading and loading near scenery and when you change view you don't see the scenery reload.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg