Sign in to follow this  
antonyroma

Flight1 Citation Mustang and FPS

Hello!

I've just purchased Citation Mustang. I installed it in P3d 4.5 but I have noticed it is a framerate killer. Expecially in USA territory, also at 35.000 ft. It depends on something inside the cockpit. I deactivated inset map of pilot PFD, i disabled Mipmap Vc panel, and I disabled also co-pilot PFD. But framerate is still around 10-15 fps. In Europe, with airport add-ons installed, framerate is definitely better. What shall I do?

Thank you.

Get a refund. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Look at this video...apparently replacing the G1000 obstacle database with an empty file helps a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utlpkk0R5As

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, 16GB 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 2x1TB Samsung SSD 970Pro NVMe+850 Pro SATA 3, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Posted (edited)

I was always puzzled about reports of this "obstacle database". I used the Mustang in FSX and P3D v3, and I never had a problem with framerates. I also never saw this "obstacle database" in action on the G1000 MFD.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters2.png

I always have had an issue...the G1000 is probably the best you can find for a sim (that's cheap) but all that rendering and computing comes at a cost

|Ryan Butterworth|

| i7 4790K@4.4GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA GTX 1080Ti | ASUS Z97-Pro | 1TB 860 Evo | 500GB 840 Evo Win10 Pro | 1TB Samsung 7200rpm | Seasonic X750W |

Posted (edited)

So, are these obstacles displayed on your Mustang G1000 without having to actively select the option? If so, this is the part that confuses me. They were presumably disabled in default mode when I used the plane.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters2.png