Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Iceman2

Shadows FIX in 4.5

Recommended Posts

I’m still on 4.4... mainly because I’ve PTA’d my night lighting to where I think it’s perfect for me.

However the cloud and terrain shadows depending on the angle of the sun are very annoying when they disappear or suddenly appear when turning or panning.

Did this get fixed in 4.5?

Edited by Iceman2

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

Did this get fixed in 4.5?

 

No


Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Betatester for: A2A, Hifi, Simstarter, AivlaSoft 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Share this post


Link to post

Greetings Iceman. The general consensus of the community at this time is to create two profiles and uncheck cloud shadows (and any other sort of terrain/tree/building shadows) during for dusk/dawn/night flights. This will allow you to avoid this issue temporarily and easily switch profiles for daytime flight. Lockheed is aware of the issue and are "Working on it"

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Bt103504 said:

Greetings Iceman. The general consensus of the community at this time is to create two profiles and uncheck cloud shadows (and any other sort of terrain/tree/building shadows) during for dusk/dawn/night flights. This will allow you to avoid this issue temporarily and easily switch profiles for daytime flight. Lockheed is aware of the issue and are "Working on it"

Agree with you there. Exactly what I have been doing except I just pull up the settings inflight select or deselect the shadows depending on the time of day.

Thanks for your post.

IM

Share this post


Link to post

This bug is there since the beginning of P3D. I dont think it will ever be fixed in the current engine.


Roi Ben

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, roi1862 said:

This bug is there since the beginning of P3D. I dont think it will ever be fixed in the current engine.

There have been so many fixes and enhancements to the current engine. Of course 64 Bit and VR are two big ones. The Dynamic Lighting disappearing issue has been fixed. 

My theory is that things take longer to add/fix because of the divided attention with the exclusive Professional Plus features. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

This. And if it’s hardbaked into the engine it may take a looong time to be unbaked and/or rebaked etc. 

Edited by UAL4life

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, roi1862 said:

This bug is there since the beginning of P3D. I dont think it will ever be fixed in the current engine.

I did hear rumours that LM was working on a fix. Was hoping 4.5 may have had the fix. They did do lots with the new lighting effects amongst other good fixes and stuff.

 

Carry on LM 👍

Share this post


Link to post

I agree. LM has brought back to life this old engine.


Roi Ben

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, pracines said:

The Dynamic Lighting disappearing issue has been fixed

It is true ?

I have not tested a nighttime since v4.5

But I know that I have 3 4 airports that when I arrive the DL does not work so that at the beginning I have no problem.

I understand that it came rather from developers and effects files ...

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Axis3600 said:

It is true ?

I have not tested a nighttime since v4.5

But I know that I have 3 4 airports that when I arrive the DL does not work so that at the beginning I have no problem.

I understand that it came rather from developers and effects files ...

It is true. Flying at night has been greatly improved in V4.5. DL does not disappear anymore.

Go see for yourself....fly at night.🌚

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, pracines said:

It is true. Flying at night has been greatly improved in V4.5. DL does not disappear anymore.

Go see for yourself....fly at night.🌚

Absolutely. Flying at night is a complete new experience with 4.5 (+EF+SF3D).

  • Like 1

- Harry J.

i7-7820X (@4.8 GHz), 32GB RAM (@3467) 2080Ti (3440x1440), SSD 500GB, (Win10x64),  SSDs 1+2 TB (P3Dv5.x + ORBX). FSGlobalNG (mesh), ORBX (Global+OLC, all FTX Regions, all TE products, many Airports), DDscenery (NY, CH, MIA), Airports (FT, FB, FSDT, AS); PMDG (737, 747, 777), MJC DQ400, RA Piston Duke, A2A C172. Weather ASP5. F1 GTN complete. AI Traffic: AIG OCI

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,125.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...