Sign in to follow this  
Juergen

Gate and Parking Positions

Hi,

What determines the position where the aircraft is placed relative to the taxi line, when loading an aircraft to an airport gate or parking position.

It seems that ALL my a/c are positioned TOO CLOSE to the building (when selecting a gate) and sometimes in the grass (too far forward when selecting a parking position). They are always PAST the stop line on the taxi line.

Thanks for reply

Brgds

Juergen Mader

I think, just like in FSX, it's the center-line or center of gravity of the aircraft that determines the starting position.

I normally will do a pushback to put the nose wheel on the spot.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

It is the center of gravity of the model. That is why it is impossible to create an AFCAD for SODE animated T-Style Jetways, as you can match it only for one or two aircraft via AFCAD.

But: if the nose is inside the terminal building, this means that the AFCAD is designed poorly or you use a plane that is simply to big for this parking spot.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Ok, I underatand.

I am never in the building with nose, however a distance away from the STOP line. I guess I do a push-back as Charlie suggested to solve the problem

Thanks for clarification

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Do you use GSX? If I am not wrong, as soon as your plane is on the stand, you can use GSX to move your aircraft to the precise parking position. Of course, for this the aircraft must be properly configured in GSX.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

You could adjust a parking spot (with Airport Design Editor) so that your own aircraft is aligned perfectly with the STOP line, but you would have to do this for every parking spot that you wanted to use, and the alignment would change if you decided to use a different aircraft!

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

And I now just realized I should have said center point instead of center line.  I think that's the point that aircraft developers use for all measurements.  I do agree with center of gravity.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

We ran into this when creating the customised GSX config for flytampa Amsterdam. 

Have a read of this to understand a bit more about how parking positions work in the sim:

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com