Quick Q:

Are there big changes to move on from 4.4.16.27077 to the newest 4.5.11.29713 ?

Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Are you saying it will either slow your FPS, or the opposite? Why would that be?

Gaz 

1 hour ago, Shylock_35 said:

About 25 FPS either way

In General Buck Turgidson voice:

About 25 fps...depending on the breaks...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Are you saying it will either slow your FPS, or the opposite? Why would that be?

Gaz 

Gary -- some users report decrease in fps, possibly due to scenery object handling.  Anyway, others report no fps loss.  Lockheed Martin is working on a hotfix to solve this problems some users experience.  Hope that helps.

Gary,

Just wait for the Hotfix, which will be basically a new 4.5 version.

S.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, simbol said:

Gary,

S.

May it be this weekend?

1 hour ago, ttbq1 said:

May it be this weekend?

I cannot tell you when.

S.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simbol said:

Gary,

S.

So will this just entail a "client" update this time? "Content" not required?

oh - too late. I'll keep away from it until I see another update.

I'm hoping it's a 'yes' answer to this, but do you know if it will include the install instructions?
(although I downloaded a new version, the version in the name on the setup zip, is different to what it says in the currently used app.)

Gaz

48 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

oh - too late. I'll keep away from it until I see another update.

I'm hoping it's a 'yes' answer to this, but do you know if it will include the install instructions?
(although I downloaded a new version, the version in the name on the setup zip, is different to what it says in the currently used app.)

Gaz

Hi Gary,

You would install this in the same way as you would install any new P3D Version IE: Remove old client and Install new P3D Client, same thing with the content and scenery components.

Alternatively you can also perform a full clean install if this is desired.

Regards,
S.

20 minutes ago, simbol said:

Hi Gary

Thanks,but i assume I shouldn't be doing it yet? The last time I did it (this morning), it hasn't changed the version number in the software itself (4.4...). 

Can i just confirm with you that the right version that I downloaded late last night (4.5.11.29713) is right?, and that i just need to uninstall the client area of the software before installing just that?

Thanks

26 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Thanks,but i assume I shouldn't be doing it yet? The last time I did it (this morning), it hasn't changed the version number in the software itself (4.4...). 

Can i just confirm with you that the right version that I downloaded late last night (4.5.11.29713) is right?, and that i just need to uninstall the client area of the software before installing just that?

Thanks

Gary,

The new Hotfix hasn't been released, please monitor Lockheed Martin forums for updates.

Regards,

hmmm...

I'm downloading the file, but it's the same size and version as the one the morning...

Gaz

Just now, Gary McCluskey said:

hmmm...

I'm downloading the file, but it's the same size and version as the one the morning...

Gaz

Gary,

I really don't know how else to say it, the Hotfix "has not been released yet", so of course you would be downloading the same file.. 

S.

I'm very sorry - I read your last post incorrectly and swapped "hasn't" for "has".

Gaz