Sign in to follow this  
xxd09

Kinks

I have a 2year old P3Dv4.5 setup which has all the bells and whistles-Orbyx,Active Sky,EnvForce and SkyForce 

Plus many planes

Some kinks started to appear a year or two ago

1) I could not fly A2A planes in the south of South America or around Innsbruck area -OK everywhere else

2) My P3D 4.5 will not accept the P3D 4.5 Hot fix in spite of being up dated regularly from P3Dv 3

3) I notice now that the Eastern seaboard of the US has become a no go area -Nantucket,Plum Island etc

Is this a feature of a long standing computer programme that gets constant Addons?

I have plenty of places to fly but a bit frustrating 

I refuse to spend all my time chasing problems 

When do you start again and will it be any better after reinstall 

I have a FSX setup- gets v few Addons so stable and an XPlane setup that gets Addons so no doubt will go the same way

Is this a phenomenon we just have to accept and at some stage clean reinstall and start again is the only way?

Anyoe I the same boat?

xxd09

Fortunately for you (and everyone else who owns P3DV4), it is not P3DV4 causing your issues and, being a long time user, I would think you would know this.  Of course it is an add-on(s) causing your issues.  You need to figure out which one and then work on a solution to fix the scenery, if possible, with the developer.  You state you have a lot of Orbx and that is where I would start especially if you have it installed in Europe. Does a third party scenery you have installed work properly with the Orbx scenery? Not sure what you mean by the Eastern seaboard of the US has become a no go area such as Nantucket, Plum Island, etc.  If you install MSE for these areas, I would suspect it would be a lot better.  The default stuff really does not look very good and you need to find a developer who produces scenery for this area.  P3Dv4 does not look all that great with the default scenery (same as FSX) and the reason for "constant add-ons".  Some add-ons were never updated to P3Dv4 (the 64-bit version) and you may see anomalies if the developer did not update their products. 

The reason why X-Plane has no issues with add-ons is because X-Plane is relatively new and developers had to make new scenery from scratch.  They didn't have the luxury of their scenery made for FS9 and FSX being ported to P3Dv4 and causing compatibility issues.  Some day X-Plane will have those issues too if it is around as long as FS9, FSX, and P3D.

I get frustrated sometimes too.  I haven't been able to use P3DV4 very much for the past two or three months and decided to set up a flight.  For some reason, all my FSDT scenery was not loading because they had an update to GSX II.  Messed everything up.  I simply reinstalled one of the airports and updated GSX II and all is well now.  I see this often in FSX and P3D where, if you do not use the sim for a while, when you start it up a month or two later, it simply does not work properly. I know it's the add-ons but why do they suddenly not work properly?  So, in some respects, I share your grief.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

The reason why X-Plane has no issues with add-ons is because X-Plane is relatively new and developers had to make new scenery from scratch

Just FYI, X-Planes initial release was in 1995.

• Like 3

Jim -thank you for your kind words

It is the Addons of course but they are such fun!

No doubt it is they that cause the problems though I only use ones that are supposed to be compatible 

I have however lots of them -the possibilities and permutations of things going wrong are endless

The flights when they work(which is most times) -are so remarkable that it is well worth the occasional no go area or no go plane

Take care and I hope you are making good progress 

xxd09

When you say you can’t fly in certain places, do you mean CTD’s?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Yes.                                                                                                               The sim loads but just before final appearance of 

plane on runway in affected area-sim crashes

This is how I picked up the problem 

It is actually however an area thing because if you try to fly into the affected region  -say in the Raptor at 10000 feet -it will crash the sim as the plane enters the affected region- so it is not an airport effect

I wondered about navaids because of this particular  regional effect-who knows?

The current area affected does not let me fly to Nantucket,Plum Island etc

As I said above I have 2 inoperable areas

1) South area of South America-from Argentina south( correction from original post-unflyable area in any plane )

2) Eastern seaboard of USA around Nantucket area

Otherwise sim operates well in all other regions of the world 

Mysterious!

xxd09

Edited by xxd09
Spelling

5 hours ago, Scorp said:

Just FYI, X-Planes initial release was in 1995.

Great to know but does not change any of my opinions as to why they have few issues with add-ons.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Was the Carenado C Meteo dll file 

I had reinstalled a Carenado Plane -Phenom 100

All good now

xxd09