Sign in to follow this  
pgde

News About PTA v3

On 9/29/2019 at 7:03 AM, kevinfirth said:

LOL it will turn up if it turns up, less said the better.  

That sums it up rather nicely!

Greg

1 hour ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Matt - with the greatest of respect, all this "bad feeling" could be avoided with a simple 5-minute post from you.

Giving time frames maybe isn't the answer (see 30th June "It'll be within the next month - no exact date yet. ") as that might give people unreasonable expectations.

It's the relative silence/lack of communication that upsets people (paying customers).

If it's all too complicated, posting on various forums, channels etc. then tell us which is *the one definitive* place to go for news, then just update that.

PTA is a worthy product (and I'm a huge fan), but if its user base diminishes as a result of threads like this then it'll soon become a Dodo, IMHO.

Adam.

As much as I agree with you in regards to my inherent lack of comms (I feel like I communicate well but I forget not everyone uses Twitter/Twitch), I could update daily, people will still complain. 

It's easy to brush over it by blaming me (which I am completely ok with if that is the actual reason), but all you need to do is look at the history of the "complainers", by majority their existance is spent complaining/bullying/victimising.

I wish it was as straightforward as you're claiming, but it really isn't. I've no idea where this evil mentality comes from with those people but it's dangerous.

In terms of "official" places, I've replied to plenty of people on this forum, so here is fine. The website I could post on too if that is what people want but I feel more people read here than the website.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

52 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

In terms of "official" places, I've replied to plenty of people on this forum, so here is fine. The website I could post on too if that is what people want but I feel more people read here than the website.

OK - great (!) - how's about just creating a single (read-only) post announcements/sticky here for PTA - giving us all the current state of play? ie. If the news doesn't appear there, then there's no news, so to speak.

Your website could simply link back to the same sticky. This link would never change, so no need to keep updating the site.

We can take the load off you here if people post new threads - referring them back to that one "master" sticky. I think that's the way it's done in a fair few other product/support forums.

Adam.

• Like 2

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

1 hour ago, Adamski_NZ said:

OK - great (!) - how's about just creating a single (read-only) post announcements/sticky here for PTA - giving us all the current state of play? ie. If the news doesn't appear there, then there's no news, so to speak.

Your website could simply link back to the same sticky. This link would never change, so no need to keep updating the site.

We can take the load off you here if people post new threads - referring them back to that one "master" sticky. I think that's the way it's done in a fair few other product/support forums.

Adam.

Very good idea Adam.

Matt, just make a “Latest news about PTA” sticky. If there is something new, being it positive or a delay just post it there. There is no need  for accountability about your personal live. This is business only.

After that I can delete several “discussion” topics .... 

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Yes Matt. I also think it would help a lot. Open minded is good. Some more Transparancy would be also a good thing. And...I said it before in another thread to you......don´t make any promisses. It is simply NOT necessary. So no expectations are created. Less "shooting" from Users. Keep us informed about your ideas if you like to. The customers who care are patience. And I am really looking forward to your nice products. Regards Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

8 hours ago, MattDavies said:

What is really interesting is that apart from one person, who clearly did it because his friends were stood watching & he wanted to prove himself to be the "alpha", every single person I have met face to face have been nothing but nice. They're always super supportive and I always come away feeling motivated... until I get home, visit places like here and it's all flipped upside down.

Matt, I am one of those people who has met you at FSExpo 2019 and Cosford 2018/2017/  We had a great chat at FSExpo and I have always been supportive of you and your flightsim developments.  In my mind, they are significant.

I have also watched your streams on Twitch but I can't devote 5 hours of every day to a Twitch stream waiting for an update at 2h37s into the stream.  It is not a practical or useful way to update supportive users of your products who also have full-time jobs.  The teenage and student community - I get that.

No hate or chronic complaining from me.  But if you announce something on your official product forum and say 'within the next month' then you really should have provided a follow-up one-liner - even if it says 'personal issues are making this difficult'.  Most reasonable people would be happy with that.

I also second @Adamski_NZ suggestion for an update location and method.  You are a significant person in the flightsim community.  Don't kill it with something as simple as inconsistent communication.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.