AnthonyMP

FPS drop after long flight.

As the title states, I was doing a flight from CYYZ to KSAN. I was getting a steady 45 frames in the TDS 787 from at the gate all the way up to cruise altitude. I went out for a bit to hit some stores, came back and my game was lagging along at about 12-15 FPS. CPU temps were good and weren't throttling. I'm only running FTX Global and ASP4. Any ideas as to why this happened would be great. Thanks in advance!

59 minutes ago, AnthonyMP said:

As the title states, I was doing a flight from CYYZ to KSAN. I was getting a steady 45 frames in the TDS 787 from at the gate all the way up to cruise altitude. I went out for a bit to hit some stores, came back and my game was lagging along at about 12-15 FPS. CPU temps were good and weren't throttling. I'm only running FTX Global and ASP4. Any ideas as to why this happened would be great. Thanks in advance!

I have been running into the same problem for months. I actually notice a slight drop at the gate preflighting if they lasts longer than 30 minutes.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

6 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I have been running into the same problem for months. I actually notice a slight drop at the gate preflighting if they lasts longer than 30 minutes.

Yea, same here man. I had the NGX for FSX:SE and I'm afraid to dump 90 bucks for it again for P3D if this is a common issue. I have my graphics setting at Mid-high and my computer is medium to high endish I guess? It sucks man. Hoping I can figure out why this happens asap. It makes it kinda hard to land lol.

Just a shot in the dark, have you got "Prefer Max performance" set on NCP ?

System: X-PLANE 11.40, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Corsair Spec Omega Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, EVGA 850+ Gold PSU,Win 10 Pro 64-bit, LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Logitech X56 Hotas Stick and Throttle, Logitech/Saitek Flight Yoke System, Multi, Radio, Switch Panels

2 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

The what? haha. Is that an option is P3D?

3 minutes ago, AnthonyMP said:

The what? haha. Is that an option is P3D?

No lol The Nvidia Control panel. Power Management Mode". Make sure it is set to prefer max performance. Your CPU may be going to sleep.

System: X-PLANE 11.40, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Corsair Spec Omega Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, EVGA 850+ Gold PSU,Win 10 Pro 64-bit, LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Logitech X56 Hotas Stick and Throttle, Logitech/Saitek Flight Yoke System, Multi, Radio, Switch Panels

2 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

Ah nevermind, found what you were talking about. But how would that have an effect on P3D? I thought most sims were more CPU intensive programs? sorry if I sound dumb. I just built my first pc last week!

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, AnthonyMP said:

Ah nevermind, found what you were talking about. But how would that have an effect on P3D? I thought most sims were more CPU intensive programs? sorry if I sound dumb. I just built my first pc last week!

A big effect . That is why you need to check what it is set at. Does not matter how old your rig is. Mine is quite new, but the first thing I did was to make sure Power settings were all at high power, in Windows 10 and NCP.

Edited by ZKOKQ

8 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

A big effect . That is why you need to check what it is set at. Does not matter how old your rig is. Mine is quite new, but the first thing I did was to make sure Power settings were all at high power, in Windows 10 and NCP.

Okay just set it to the right setting and will let you know how it goes, thanks a bunch!

6 minutes ago, AnthonyMP said:

Okay just set it to the right setting and will let you know how it goes, thanks a bunch!

Also check your power settings in W10 as well, or W7 if your using that, NCP relates to your Graphics card, and w10 or 7 for CPU etc etc. Hope it helps your issue.

I don't think it's a power management issue. I have the max power options set and ny 8700k and 2080ti struggle after a few hours. 

I'm wondering if it's an overclock setting or a bios issue. 

Matt kubanda

12 hours ago, AnthonyMP said:

Try a scenery refresh when fps starts to drop.

4 hours ago, newtie said:

Try a scenery refresh when fps starts to drop.

How do you do that?

Matt kubanda

The first thing I do when I experience aberrant performance is check CPU core utilization, GPU utlization, and memory usage.  It's really an almost-pointless guessing game to start troubleshooting without availing yourself of the available performance data.  Understanding what subsystem(s) are being saturated enough to hit performance is often a critical first clue.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, 16GB 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 2x1TB Samsung SSD 970Pro NVMe+850 Pro SATA 3, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

24 minutes ago, w6kd said:

The first thing I do when I experience aberrant performance is check CPU core utilization, GPU utlization, and memory usage.  It's really an almost-pointless guessing game to start troubleshooting without availing yourself of the available performance data.  Understanding what subsystem(s) are being saturated enough to hit performance is often a critical first clue.

Regards

sorry to sound like a "newbie" here but is there a good program for that? I just built this PC and it's my first one. Thanks for the help 🙂