Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

MOBO Front Panel Header ?

Posted (edited)

Hi Folks,

Just need a little help - working on assembling a new build - a little confused on the front panel header.

The MOBO has 5 connectors related to “power led” - my case has 2 leads for “power led”... I’m assuming I should use the 2 pins on the upper left of the header block - - - any idea what the 3 on the lower right of the header block are used for ?

Thanks...

48108702842_be45f9404d_k.jpg

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Scott, I just went through this. This is the most stressful part of a new build for me. I invariably mess something up and have to redo it. You are correct. The pins you identified are the ones you want to use. The others may be for a different kind of case. Good luck.

• Like 1

NAX669.png

Hi...

Thanks for your insights - seems to work - appreciate your help !

Regards,

Scott

It's probably to accommodate cases with a 3-pin LED connector (+ NC -) or (+ - NC)

• Like 1

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, 16GB 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 2x1TB Samsung SSD 970Pro NVMe+850 Pro SATA 3, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

On an old build I screwed up the headers and made a shock...wrecked one of my usb slots

• Like 1

|Ryan Butterworth|

| i7 4790K@4.4GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA GTX 1080Ti | ASUS Z97-Pro | 1TB 860 Evo | 500GB 840 Evo Win10 Pro | 1TB Samsung 7200rpm | Seasonic X750W |

Hi Bob/Ryan,

Thanks as well...

Yeah - I think we all worry about breaking something - this is my first de-lid - so even more potential for issues...

Regards,

Scott