Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Carenado ATR72-500

Good day 

owners of this plane could tell me how you can have gpu and how you can save a full cold and dark plz 

thx 

Frédéric Giraud

26 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

Good day 

owners of this plane could tell me how you can have gpu and how you can save a full cold and dark plz 

thx 

Just use the 'Shift + 6' menu.

edit you have an option for a 'tow car' but not for a ground power unit.

bob

Edited by onebob
  • Upvote 2

I have this plane. Unless you purchase the GTN 750 you will have to manually input your flightplan. Every waypoint and fix. That would have been a deal breaker for me If I had known before buying this aircraft. How any third party vendor can sell a regional airline level aircraft that will not work with ANY of the available flight planners in 2019 is beyond me.

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

If this is a deal breaker for you, I suggest that you ask Carenado for a refund.

I bought this airplane Dec 9th, 2019, supposedly the latest update. A few things:

The props never go into feather. The RPM is not even close to being in feather. It's spinning up there about the same RPM as when in AUTO or OVERRIDE mode. You crank the starter and move the condition lever into feather and the RPM climbs right up to normal ground idle. The real ones don't work that way.

When in the HOTEL mode, the sound of a spinning prop is clearly heard in both inside and outside views. You should be hearing only JET WHINE and COMBUSTION at this point. So the sound is modeled wrong.

The Auto Pilot behaves very badly while using the GTN 750 GPS approaches. Sometimes I'm unable to arm APR mode. Just won't come on. When it does activate, the airplane has a habit of 'falling off the glide slope.' I don't have this issue with any other Carenado model using the GTN 750, so it's not me. I've also had the same issue when doing an ILS approach. It's fixable.

When switching from one power setting to another, i.e. switching from TO to CLB, the change in power/rpm is virtually instantaneous.Turbo props simply don't operate like that. It should be slower and smoother.

None of these issues are a limitation of P3D/FSX because Flight1 figured out how to do it right in their ATR, which sadly hasn't been released for P3D V4.5 (as of yet).

Other than that, it's typical Carenado eye candy. The 2 original Sperry FMS screens are there but don't command the Auto Pilot when the GTN is installed. Eye Candy. They should be removed in favor of dual GTN 750 displays (Flysim FA50) and just put a blank panel in the middle. The sounds aren't bad, except for the HOTEL mode issue. Lighting and textures are gorgeous. When or if they fix these issues, I'd also like to be able to select livery and flight deck color options independently instead of inclusively.

Edited by TedK

3 minutes ago, TedK said:

The props never go into feather. The RPM is not even close to being in feather. It's spinning up there about the same RPM as when in AUTO or OVERRIDE mode. You crank the starter and move the condition lever into feather and the RPM climbs right up to normal ground idle. The real ones don't work that way.

During engine start that's definitely the most annoying bug for me. Once the engine is started you can move the props into feather with the usual 'reduce prop rpm' command, but this doesn't help with the unrealistic unfeathered engine start.

On 12/13/2019 at 11:50 AM, FDEdev said:

During engine start that's definitely the most annoying bug for me. Once the engine is started you can move the props into feather with the usual 'reduce prop rpm' command, but this doesn't help with the unrealistic unfeathered engine start.

Actually I found you can do a CTL + F1 or F2 before starting engines and that helps to set things up for a realistic start. 

I purchased the FSX version and run it on FSX steam edition in Windows 10.

I agree that the external modelling is good, but everything else is distinctly second rate. The FMS is simply dreadful and is very limited in what it will do and has many bugs. For what is supposed to be a premium product, there are several missing items I would expect such as a Dispatch utility (to add passenger and fuel details), full tutorial for flying to explain how best to use things such as LNAV, IAS climb etc and how to modify the Flight plan in flight. I am particularly disappointed in that the FMS does not automatically move from one waypoint to the next as a flight progresses and implementation of the Direct to waypoint facility doesn't work properly.

All in all I view the Carenado AT72 as very poor 0 - 2 stars out of 5.

philtosney

On 12/13/2019 at 4:43 PM, TedK said:

I bought this airplane Dec 9th, 2019, supposedly the latest update. A few things:

When in the HOTEL mode, the sound of a spinning prop is clearly heard in both inside and outside views. You should be hearing only JET WHINE and COMBUSTION at this point. So the sound is modeled wrong.

The Auto Pilot behaves very badly while using the GTN 750 GPS approaches. Sometimes I'm unable to arm APR mode. Just won't come on. When it does activate, the airplane has a habit of 'falling off the glide slope.' I don't have this issue with any other Carenado model using the GTN 750, so it's not me. I've also had the same issue when doing an ILS approach. It's fixable.

When switching from one power setting to another, i.e. switching from TO to CLB, the change in power/rpm is virtually instantaneous.Turbo props simply don't operate like that. It should be slower and smoother.

None of these issues are a limitation of P3D/FSX because Flight1 figured out how to do it right in their ATR, which sadly hasn't been released for P3D V4.5 (as of yet).

Other than that, it's typical Carenado eye candy. The 2 original Sperry FMS screens are there but don't command the Auto Pilot when the GTN is installed. Eye Candy. They should be removed in favor of dual GTN 750 displays (Flysim FA50) and just put a blank panel in the middle. The sounds aren't bad, except for the HOTEL mode issue. Lighting and textures are gorgeous. When or if they fix these issues, I'd also like to be able to select livery and flight deck color options independently instead of inclusively.

My thoughts exactly. Carenando really slipped up not modelling the realistic sounds of the feathering of the props prior to spooling up to idle - compared to Majestic’s Q400 which has prop feathering modelled perfectly. Together with not having separate audio for hotel mode it really does let an otherwise fantastic add-on down. I hope they release a patch or update soon to correct this!