Sign in to follow this  
PatC

Dunedin Godzone

Hi

I use Godzone Dunedin (NZDN and I always have changing ground textures. I was told by the Dev. to update from 4.4 to 4.5 which I did, but no success.

Tried various things, like disabling ORBX NZ SI files with NZDN files but still no luck.

I once had the same with WF Beijing and there I found a solution here on the forum to disable a ORBX traffic light file and it was solved.

Anyone else getting this.

Dev. not responding till now.

Kind Regards

Patrick

Hello Pat.  Welcome to Dunedin.  I live only 10 minutes from NZDN, so of course, I have Godzone Dunedin.  In my previous life I did a lot of flying from NZTI which is included in the Godzone package.  If you're not from these parts "Taieri" is a Maori name.  The common pronunciation is "Tie ree".  it's a great little aeroclub airfield on the outskirts of the town of Mosgiel and directly under the flight-path of runway 21 into NZDN.  Anyway back to your problem ....   

I had the same frustration as you have.  I have ORBX SI installed and when on the NZDN tarmac and runway I had flashes of the default (or probably ORBX) textures.  I've done a couple of things, and I suggest you do the same;

1. Go into your main flightsim folder (in my case P3D) and click on ORBX.  Then FTX_NZ and FTX_NZSI_05_Scenery.  Make sure you don't open the "NZNI" file by mistake.  Click on scenery and then scroll down to these files;  ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZDN.BGL      ......NZDN_CVX.bgl       .....NZDN_objects.bgl   Turn these files off by renaming them by putting  .OFF  after them. 

2.  I have also done this ... and I have no idea if it's necessary or not, but it probably doesn't do any harm.  Go to your main flightsim folder and scroll down to Scenery / World / scenery and find ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZDN_elevation_adjustment.BGL  Turn this off.  And while you're there find the NZTI file and turn that off as well or you may find ditches on the Taieri airfield runways. 

Let us know how you get on.

Bruce R

Bruce Ross

Hi Pat,

I had the same issue and found it was caused by having the autogen draw distance setting at max. Once I lowered it to very high or less, the issue seemed to have resolved it's self.

1 hour ago, anzac1977 said:

Hi Pat

Hello Allan.  I read your reply with interest.  I had a look at my settings and they were already at "Very High".  I still got the flickering at that setting.  What I suggested above has fixed it for me.  

Cheers

Edited by Meeko

Bruce Ross

Hi Pat

Thanks for bringing this here, as I've said, Facebook isn't the best platform for support. I do have my own forum, on NZFF.org, but here is great, based on the feedback already. 

I'm sorry about the delay, initially I did think that this was the problem which a lot of people were having with Prepar3d 4.4, fixed in 4.5, however it wasn't. 

As I said via Facebook, I'm not really sure what is going on here. Your screenshots did look like the 4.4 problem, with some missing 'objects', in this case ground polys. However for others this was solved updating to 4.5.

The Orbx files shouldn't be a problem. Normally my installers would disable any Orbx files which may affect my airports, but Dunedin has none, provided the priority is set properly. Normally only when Orbx change the elevation of an airport do I need to disable their files, but they don't change Dunedin. The other airport in this scenery, Taieri, has had the elevation changed by Orbx, so those files are disabled. (I'm aware of other types of scenery file which may need to be disabled, but these don't affect Dunedin either.)

I know you've said that the priority is not the problem, but I just need to confirm that you have actually used FTX Central to set the FTX Insertion Point? Moving scenery within the Scenery Library doesn't do the trick, as FTX Central will always reset it to the Insertion Point. If you haven't set the Insertion Point, it will always be on top of anything else, whereas it really needs to be below any Real NZ/Godzone or other custom airport.

I have wondered if the Prepar3d Hotfix maybe brought back the 4.4 problem -- I have updated to 4.5, but not the Hotfix, as I don't have the loading wait that others had. I will try the hotfix, but it won't be this week, I'm putting the finished touches to NZCH, but once that is released, I'll have some time to look at this.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Meeko said:

I live only 10 minutes from NZDN

I'm only 15 mins Bruce. Must be neighbors lol

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

29 minutes ago, toprob said:

I'm putting the finished touches to NZCH,

Can't wait Robin.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Just a couple of points I should have mentioned previously:

If you benefit from disabling an Orbx file which conflicts with any airport, then there is normally an elevation 'stub' file in Scenery\World\Scenery as well which would need to be disabled.

This is certainly worth a try with Dunedin.

It is also worthwhile searching your Prepar3d folder for any file which includes 'nzdn', as you never know what might be affecting this.

Dear all

Thank you for your time and your help. These 3 files I already disabled. I disable every NZDN file found in P3D expect Godzone. I also have three ORBX files called Dunedin... Those I left active. Anyway I sent you now a Mail with the scenery.cfg and some screenshot of the disabled and active NZDN files.

Me too I'm looking realy forward for NZCH and also to hopefully fix my NZDN Problem.

Kind Regards
Patrick

+1

Looking forward to NCH & NZ photo sceneries.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

6 hours ago, toprob said:

I'm putting the finished touches to NZCH, but once that is released, I'll have some time to look at this.

Thanks!

C'mon man, make your NZ photo sceneries available to your customers. 😂

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 8:52 AM, PatC said:

Hi

I use Godzone Dunedin (NZDN and I always have changing ground textures. I was told by the Dev. to update from 4.4 to 4.5 which I did, but no success.

Tried various things, like disabling ORBX NZ SI files with NZDN files but still no luck.

I once had the same with WF Beijing and there I found a solution here on the forum to disable a ORBX traffic light file and it was solved.

Anyone else getting this.

Dev. not responding till now.

Kind Regards

Patrick

Just checked and it happens to me too when panning while on the rnwy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

Just checked and it happens to me too when panning while on the rnwy.

Good to hear that I‘m not the only one.

I have just noticed this over the last couple of days too.  I don't remember ever seeing this issue in P3DV3.  I first actually noticed some features such as parts of ground poly or lines flashing on and off at the new NZCH.  Last night I did a flight from NZCH down to NZDN and I noticed some sort of default runway or GP overriding the Godzone NZDN GP.  

I read this thread before, and I had already tried disabling the ORBX airport files, but had not disabled any elevation files.  I had Vector turned off so didn't worry about that previously.  Nothing was working so I have manually disabled everything with NZDN or NZCH in the name that was not from the Godzone scenery, including the ORBX Vector APB files.  I still saw the issue.

At this stage I had a thought for an experiment, so I have just disabled the addon.xml for Dunedin, and then added Dunedin to the top of my scenery.cfg using SceneryConfigEditor.  This seems to have worked.  i am no longer seeing a second (default?) runway and taxiways showing up.  I'm not sure why it has worked, as according to my P3DV4 Addon Organizer NZDN and NZCH were both near the top of the list with a "layer" number of 454 (and 453 for NZTI).

I can not figure out what runway and taxiways are flashing up apart from the default P3D ones, and I can't figure out why they would be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scotth6 said:

At this stage I had a thought for an experiment, so I have just disabled the addon.xml for Dunedin, and then added Dunedin to the top of my scenery.cfg using SceneryConfigEditor.  This seems to have worked.  i am no longer seeing a second (default?) runway and taxiways showing up.

Thanks for the tip. This is a known issue by dev and it is supposed to be addressed after NZCH was released. I'm going to add NZDN to the top manually.