Sign in to follow this  
PatC

Dunedin Godzone

2 hours ago, scotth6 said:

I have just noticed this over the last couple of days too.  I don't remember ever seeing this issue in P3DV3.  I first actually noticed some features such as parts of ground poly or lines flashing on and off at the new NZCH.  Last night I did a flight from NZCH down to NZDN and I noticed some sort of default runway or GP overriding the Godzone NZDN GP.  

I read this thread before, and I had already tried disabling the ORBX airport files, but had not disabled any elevation files.  I had Vector turned off so didn't worry about that previously.  Nothing was working so I have manually disabled everything with NZDN or NZCH in the name that was not from the Godzone scenery, including the ORBX Vector APB files.  I still saw the issue.

At this stage I had a thought for an experiment, so I have just disabled the addon.xml for Dunedin, and then added Dunedin to the top of my scenery.cfg using SceneryConfigEditor.  This seems to have worked.  i am no longer seeing a second (default?) runway and taxiways showing up.  I'm not sure why it has worked, as according to my P3DV4 Addon Organizer NZDN and NZCH were both near the top of the list with a "layer" number of 454 (and 453 for NZTI).

I can not figure out what runway and taxiways are flashing up apart from the default P3D ones, and I can't figure out why they would be.

Disabled xml and added NZDN, NZTI and that fixed the issue. I even did the same thing for Nelson. Good job!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi

Thank you for your advise. Currently still no luck after changing from XML to scenery.cfg. I use Lorby SI Addon Manager. So just to repeat what I did.

I scanned the P3D folder and disabled all files with NZDN and NZTI expect Godzone.
I left the elevevation-adjustment.bgl files in the world folter active, as it's Godzone[?]

I have NZDN and NZTI as scenery.cfg at top of the scenery library.
Also the VLC is set as scenery.

Under AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 addons. I have:

[Package.28]
Path=Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Godzone
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
[Package.29]
Path=Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\VLC_libraries
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

and there in the addon I have:

<AddOn.Name>Godzone</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>Godzone Virtual Flight.</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Texture</Category>
    <Path>Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Godzone\Textures\Global\Texture</Path>
    <Type>GLOBAL</Type>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Godzone\ElevationStubs</Path>
    <Name>GodzoneStubs</Name>
    <Layer>33</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Have you the same or did I miss anything?

Kind Regards
Patrick

Update:

After disabling also the elevation-adjustments for NZDN and NZTI... it looks good but need more time to test.

Thanks a lot

Patrick

1 hour ago, PatC said:

Thank you for your advise. Currently still no luck after changing from XML to scenery.cfg. I use Lorby SI Addon Manager. So just to repeat what I did.

Patrick, that add-on.xml simply called 'Godzone' should be ok, it simply adds a couple of 'global' folders, one for elevation stubs, and one for autogen textures. The Real NZ Nelson add-on.xml is in documents\Prepar3d v4 Addons\RealNZdunedin.

This is very interesting, about changing from add-on.xml to the old scenery library. This does seem to be a new issue with Prepar3d v4.4 and later, and seems to affect those with Orbx NZSI. I haven't been able to replicate it, as I don't use Orbx NZSI in P3Dv4, only v3. I may have to take the plunge and install it in v4 so I can try and figure this out once and for all.

The NZCH issue is probably different, and you can check that out yourself -- either by redownloading the new installer (only reinstall after running the uninstaller first), or by removing all the files in the Godzone NZCH scenery which relate to 'NZWL', or 'westmelton'. This was a late addition to the scenery, and actually broke NZCH, so I removed it completely from the release version of NZCH. However when I did a quick fix for one other release issue -- one lower case 'o' where they should have been an upper-case 'O' in the add-on.xml version -- I accidentally used the old script with NZWL still active. A stupid mistake, which I can only put down to lack of sleep... 

Edited by toprob
Clarification
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, toprob said:

Patrick, that add-on.xml simply called 'Godzone' should be ok, it simply adds a couple of 'global' folders, one for elevation stubs, and one for autogen textures. The Real NZ Nelson add-on.xml is in documents\Prepar3d v4 Addons\RealNZdunedin.

This is very interesting, about changing from add-on.xml to the old scenery library. This does seem to be a new issue with Prepar3d v4.4 and later, and seems to affect those with Orbx NZSI. I haven't been able to replicate it, as I don't use Orbx NZSI in P3Dv4, only v3. I may have to take the plunge and install it in v4 so I can try and figure this out once and for all.

The NZCH issue is probably different, and you can check that out yourself -- either by redownloading the new installer (only reinstall after running the uninstaller first), or by removing all the files in the Godzone NZCH scenery which relate to 'NZWL', or 'westmelton'. This was a late addition to the scenery, and actually broke NZCH, so I removed it completely from the release version of NZCH. However when I did a quick fix for one other release issue -- one lower case 'o' where they should have been an upper-case 'O' in the add-on.xml version -- I accidentally used the old script with NZWL still active. A stupid mistake, which I can only put down to lack of sleep... 

I spoke to soon. Adding the scenery manually did not fix the issue.

I located the problem. In the NZTI scenery folder disable TaieriBack.BGL

That fixed it.

You guys can thank me after you test for yourself.

deleted

Edited by DJJose

On 6/30/2019 at 8:52 AM, PatC said:

Hi

I use Godzone Dunedin (NZDN and I always have changing ground textures. I was told by the Dev. to update from 4.4 to 4.5 which I did, but no success.

Tried various things, like disabling ORBX NZ SI files with NZDN files but still no luck.

I once had the same with WF Beijing and there I found a solution here on the forum to disable a ORBX traffic light file and it was solved.

Anyone else getting this.

Dev. not responding till now.

Kind Regards

Patrick

Just add .off

6 hours ago, scotth6 said:

I have just noticed this over the last couple of days too.  I don't remember ever seeing this issue in P3DV3.  I first actually noticed some features such as parts of ground poly or lines flashing on and off at the new NZCH.  Last night I did a flight from NZCH down to NZDN and I noticed some sort of default runway or GP overriding the Godzone NZDN GP.  

I read this thread before, and I had already tried disabling the ORBX airport files, but had not disabled any elevation files.  I had Vector turned off so didn't worry about that previously.  Nothing was working so I have manually disabled everything with NZDN or NZCH in the name that was not from the Godzone scenery, including the ORBX Vector APB files.  I still saw the issue.

At this stage I had a thought for an experiment, so I have just disabled the addon.xml for Dunedin, and then added Dunedin to the top of my scenery.cfg using SceneryConfigEditor.  This seems to have worked.  i am no longer seeing a second (default?) runway and taxiways showing up.  I'm not sure why it has worked, as according to my P3DV4 Addon Organizer NZDN and NZCH were both near the top of the list with a "layer" number of 454 (and 453 for NZTI).

I can not figure out what runway and taxiways are flashing up apart from the default P3D ones, and I can't figure out why they would be.

Just add .off

• Like 1

Thanks for that, it does seem to be the same issue I had with NZCH, which was solved once again by removing a ground polygon file from a nearby airport. The issue at NZCH was caused by reusing the same textures at both airports, so I will look at this for Dunedin and see if it can be fixed with a patch. 

This is new with Prepar3d v4, and seems to have shown up first with 4.4. 

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

Just add .off

Good work!  I didn't have time to test my theory properly, and now I see it was actually disabling NZTI which was responsible for the fix and not using the scenery.cfg method.

9 hours ago, DJJose said:

Just add .off

You should have been a detective. Great work

• Like 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

On 7/15/2019 at 6:41 AM, toprob said:

Thanks for the quick update Robin, and thanks also for another brilliant airport.  It is a beauty!

Hey All,

Bought a selection of Godzone airports during the covid-19 specials and am just getting around to install / setup now. (P3D v4.5.14)

And found Dunedin NZDN was experiencing the texture swapping event as described in this thread when coming into land and when on the tarmac outside of the Terminal.

After finding and reading this thread I found I could confirm the issue as related to the additional included airport of NZTI by moving NZTI to below NZDN in the scenery order. The move does fix the texture swapping issue but then NZTI looses the majority of what makes it NZTI.

A process of elimination showed a minor change to the \Godzone\GodzoneNZTI\Scenery\TaieriBack.BGL bgl file fixed the problem for myself.

Basically I just changed the texture layering for runway from -16 to -4 to match the grasstexturetest (texture). This totally fixed the Dunedin texture swapping and has the effect of kicking up some dirt when on the runway @ NZTI.

I'm sure @toprob would have a better idea of what is going on, but for anyone suffering from the issue this fixed it for myself.

Dunedin has turned out to be a great purchase and I highly recommend given there are two airports and a quite huge area of (autogen populated) photoreal that comes with it.

What I was seeing (view angle dependent).

95F8A6F5F3FD0CBF1F844DADF7524C71B1345834

What should be showing.

3320012E6BEE5D7D10590E3250BC1E405B5EC0D7

And the change I made to the TaieriBack.BGL (using ModelConverterX and its Ground Poly Wizard).

C398CCEAAB02D97170756C5B37F7708143616D5D

Cheers R

• Like 2

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D