Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Wild Ride today....New Orleans

Posted (edited)

I feel badly about the weather in Louisiana today, and certainly hope all ends well for the fine people in New Orleans.  BUT I decided to fly from Tallahassee, Florida to MSY in New Orleans.  It indeed was a wild ride as I approached Louisiana.  The wind and rain were pounding as I descended into MSY from tropical storm Barry, and although I made a safe landing (737), it was pretty demanding, I must say.  

I really enjoy using Active Sky and EV Force combined with SkyForce to fly in P3d lately, and this was especially relevant today. That is what helps make flight simulation such an important product....and certainly not a GAME.

Stan

Edited by spilok

Yesterday I flew from KATL to KMSY and the approach had 55 kt xwinds, vis was less than 1/2 and ceiling seemed to be indefinite, 100'. It was a good time doing a CAT II approach. Loved to finally see the approach lights :)

Best of luck to our Louisianans!

P.

Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, Blk Ed MB; Intel I7-4790K CPU (@4.5 Ghz); 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win7 Pro; 2 Samsung 1Tb SSDs;Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; P3D v4.5 HF2

Glad to see I'm not the only fool that flies into hurricanes/tropical storms...lol

Kind Regards,

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 2400 ASUS ROG-STRIX GTX1070

Did MSY-HOU yesterday. It was challenging. I'm always looking for interesting weather. It is usually my first step in determining where to fly.

Windows 7 Professional 64bit; P3DV4, ASP4, REXSF, UTL, ProATCx 

I7-4790k @ 4.4; Asus Maximus Formula VII; Asus Strix GTX 1080ti; 16GB G.Skill Trident X DDR3 2400; Corsair H110; EVGA Supernova 1000P2, Single 32" 4k Monitor 

Save a Life: adopt a retired racing greyhound

I tried similar trip yesterday. Checked map in ASP4 to see where the storm was and decided to fly out of T12 ?  It was just a quick guess as to where to start I had to fly SSE towards the eye. Just used a default plane (Beech) for a quick start. I lasted for about a 30 minute flight towards chickened out and went back where I started. It was fun, but didn't want to take a chance in having to walk back.  

• Like 1

i7 7700K @4.6, GTX 1060 6 Gig, Windows 10