Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

CTD's with FS2Crew installed

Bryan

I checked my event viewer and it appears that the two crashes i had so far refer to ucrtbase.dll and the infamous ntdll.dll. I've also seen an entry referring to a FS2Crew module, but i dont remember what it was called. However, this entry was created during a different flight, when my sim didnt crash. 

Also what i forgot to mention is that i also bought and installed RAAS professional (i only mentioned FS2Crew installation as recent sim change in my OP). However, i'm using PMDG planes that come with a locked RAAS without any issues, so i'm not sure if this is related at all 

38 minutes ago, byork said:

Thanks, Bryan, I will test at home. Unfortunately, I only have the message "P3D has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem"

James Goggi

29 minutes ago, byork said:

I just google uctrbase.dll and p3d:

Please look through that for ideas.

Cheers,

I know this thread, and i googled the failing DLLs, there are about 5000 different ways to "solve" the issue. Problem is my sim wasnt crashing before FS2Crew, i had about 1 CTD in roughly 50 flights, and apart from installing FS2Crew and RAAS professional, nothing has been changed on my SIM PC. 

I did a FSL A320 flight without FS2Crew yesterday and it didnt crash, RAAS was still enabled though. I'll do some more testing the next couple of days, including re-install of FS2Crew and recreation of several P3D config files to ensure no files have been corrupted during installation.

I've done 100s of flights with FS2Crew for the Labs, as have my testers.

No CTDs.

Not trying to pass the buck, but it's impossible to fix what I can't reproduce.

You could try disabling RAAS in the Dll.xml.

Start the isolation process.

crashing on exit after installing fs2crew fslabs p3d 4.5

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          2019/07/15 23:22:20
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      DESKTOP-LOFKAE0
Description:
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.12.30293, time stamp: 0x5cd47aad
Faulting module name: FS2CrewAirbusLabs64.gau, version: 1.0.0.86, time stamp: 0x5d297907
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00000000000968f4
Faulting process id: 0x6ec
Faulting application start time: 0x01d53b3c58c1cefb
Faulting application path: E:\Program Files\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: E:\Program Files\Gauges\FS2CrewAirbusLabs64.gau
Report Id: 22cdea15-419d-48fd-a884-0288b6565274
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-07-15T21:22:20.897231800Z" />
    <EventRecordID>63377</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-LOFKAE0</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>4.5.12.30293</Data>
    <Data>5cd47aad</Data>
    <Data>FS2CrewAirbusLabs64.gau</Data>
    <Data>1.0.0.86</Data>
    <Data>5d297907</Data>
    <Data>c0000409</Data>
    <Data>00000000000968f4</Data>
    <Data>6ec</Data>
    <Data>01d53b3c58c1cefb</Data>
    <Data>E:\Program Files\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>E:\Program Files\Gauges\FS2CrewAirbusLabs64.gau</Data>
    <Data>22cdea15-419d-48fd-a884-0288b6565274</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Brendon Powys

24 minutes ago, byork said:

Hi Brendon,

Send me a Support Ticket.

Since I can't reproduce the crash on exiting P3D issue, you're going to have to help me isolate it.

Cheers,

Ok im still at work as soon as i get home ill send it

Cheers

Brendon Powys

I experienced the crash on exit sometimes with the Boeing aircraft. Totally random. 

With the A320, I never had a CTD issue. Interesting indeed, what the event viewer says.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

Hello,

Since installing FS2crew for the FS Labs I also get a CTD every time I try to exit P3Dv4.4.  I never had CTDs upon exiting in the Airbus prior to this.  My event viewer overview of the CTD contains this:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.4.16.27077, time stamp: 0x5bfdbb35
Faulting module name: FS2CrewAirbusLabs64.gau, version: 1.0.0.86, time stamp: 0x5d297907
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00000000000968f4
Faulting process ID: 0x808
Faulting application start time: 0x01d53ce7e82e0cd0
Faulting application path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Gauges\FS2CrewAirbusLabs64.gau

I've tried several things such as muting FS2crew before exiting, or switching it to button control, or even disabling it altogether, however it makes no difference.  I've not had a CTD yet inflight which is good so its not a disaster to CTD on exit, but inconvenient all the same as any setting changes etc do not get saved.  If a solution can be found it would be great to have P3D exit normally again.

Regards,

James

On 7/16/2019 at 11:19 AM, byork said:

And make sure all your audio and video drivers are totally current and you're not doing some radical over-clock or any of the other 1000 possible things that can make P3D/FSX unstable.

The :Ending up on desktop without any error message. 
Can be unstable system, the FSL A3xx put a lot of load on the cpu much more then all other Addons,
First to high OC FRQ, second Memory P3D and the FSL A3xx can in some parts load the mems harder then 
memtest and the critera the vendor has on there XMP settings.

I always test my sytems with all kind of Stabilytest apps then for P3D i use FSL for all tests, i go as far as i get a crash to destop, 

I have two set of 3200mhz Corsair Ven , not good one very little headroom over XMP, i even Rma one of them get it back , ok acording to Corsair.
With this memset i get the " Ending up on desktop without any error message." even at std settings on cpu with xmp enabled.
It worked with PMDG an all other addons, the only soulotion was to set the mems to 3000mhz , no more crashes of P3D FSL.

I have run Fs2crew and Fsl without any crashes with my std P3D OC settings, after read this a did some tests to trigger it.

My system STD OC settings: stable with the Fs2Crew FSL.

9900K @5.4ghz, uncore 5.0, avx0, 4266mhz C17 2x8gb ( G-Skill) i can go one more multi to 5.5ghz and its Stable.
Stable with the Corsair mems up to 5.5ghz if i set 3000mhz on the mems.

here is settings that i managed to trigger " Ending up on desktop without any error message."

uncore 5.1
The corsair set at XMP 3200mhz ( even with the cpu not Overclocked) reason bad quality on the mem chips and to agresive XMP from vendor.
Gskill set to 4600mhz C19  ( reason memcontroller )
Set the CPU over 5550mhz ( reason to high OC for the cpu)

With 32gb mems its even more sensitve then on 16gb. ( more load on the memcontroller)

If you Overclock ( mems is overclocked if yoy run over cpu specs) try to back your OC one to two steps and disable XMP or back one notch on mem FRQ. 

Edited by westman

17 minutes ago, westman said:

If you Overclock ( mems is overclocked if yoy run over 2133-2400mhz e, XMP is OC Jedec is std)try to back your OC one to two steps and disable XMP or back one notch on mem FRQ. 

Glad you figured out the source of your CTD 🙂

As I mentioned before, people massively over-clock their systems, and their systems become unstable.

I over-clock my system too, but it's not extreme.

1 minute ago, byork said:

Glad you figured out the source of your CTD 🙂

As I mentioned before, people massively over-clock their systems, and their systems become unstable.

I over-clock my system too, but it's not extreme.

its was not my PC i helped a friend to isolate his PC problems , the cause was the 3200mhz kit then i have them as triggers when testing, he bought some G-Skill 3600 instead

My Corsair RAMs run stable at over 4GHz. It depends on the CPUs SOC (IO) or northbridge controller. On my X99 System, my RAM would never post at 3300 MHz. Really weird.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png