Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Documents Thread MIA ?

Hi Folks,

Didn’t we have a decent documents thread with tons of info on the prototype Lear - I can’t seem to find it - if found - could we sticky it ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On 7/20/2019 at 8:47 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Didn’t we have a decent documents thread with tons of info on the prototype Lear - I can’t seem to find it - if found - could we sticky it ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

What do you mean by "prototype" Lear?  Is there a new LJ coming out irl?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If you're interested, I plan on doing a full write up of typical procedures, speeds, power settings, etc., from my perspective as a real LR35/LR55 pilot. Won't be a manual, but a description of how we really fly the airplane.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

7 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

What do you mean by "prototype" Lear?  Is there a new LJ coming out irl?

Hi Ryan,

Oh sorry - no - I was just referring to the real deal as opposed to the sim...

I did manage to find the thread of which I spoke - If anyone has the power to sticky - would appreciate this one as our RW documentation thread...

Hi Joe,

Most excellent - looking forward to it...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

4 hours ago, capceo said:

If you're interested, I plan on doing a full write up of typical procedures, speeds, power settings, etc., from my perspective as a real LR35/LR55 pilot. Won't be a manual, but a description of how we really fly the airplane.

Yes, Good idea.

Real Deraps

4 hours ago, capceo said:

As someone who just purchased the plane I would definitely be interested.

On 7/20/2019 at 7:47 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Instead of 'sticking' that particular thread in total, I am thinking it might be best if I collect the pertinent links and info from that thread, and any other sources that come along like the write-up Joe mentioned above, and condense it all into one new sticky post so folks don't have to read through a bunch of posts to find what they are looking for. We can then add to that as needed. Hopefully that will meet everyone's needs.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, capceo said:

This would be great and if possible it would be even greater if we could have some Pilot Monitoring flows.
With this it would be possible to let the multicrew expirience copilot do the right staff to the right time.
Bruno

Bruno 

Thread has been posted!

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

On 7/22/2019 at 4:58 PM, capceo said:

Thread has been posted!

Seems to have vanished!  I asked a question about a professional edition in that thread....  Is one coming with the UNS?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 7/24/2019 at 10:18 PM, ryanbatcund said:

Seems to have vanished!  I asked a question about a professional edition in that thread....  Is one coming with the UNS?

Hi Ryan,

Yeah - Ernie is supposed to be working on a UNS update...

Hah - while I was very active in Ernie's ISGsim forum for many years - Ernie was never really chatty with us - would love to know a bit more about this update...

Al "stickied" the documents in a new post in this forum...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

8 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hah - while I was very active in Ernie's ISGsim forum for many years - Ernie was never really chatty with us - would love to know a bit more about this update...

As I understand it, the intent is that the Lear35 UNS-1 FMC that Ernie is developing for FSW will be, to the extent possible given sim limitations, a faithful representation of what is in the actual LR35 that FSW's Chief Pilot Joe flies in the RW. To this end Joe has been in contact with Ernie. As I've mentioned elsewhere, the FMC will go on the center console between the pilot and co-pilot's seats which means the radios will have to be moved from the center console to the main instrument panel. This will require significant re-working of the panel by Mark.  FMC equipped aircraft will not have a GPS installed in the panel.  The FSW LR35 FMC will be available as an Expansion Package for FSW L35 owners who wish to purchase it.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 3

Hi Al,

As always - thanks so much and thanks for all you do around here...

Regards,
Scott