Sign in to follow this  
vcarlo

New Issue Upon Lear 35 Launching - Pls Help

Having watched development of the wonderful improvements to our FSW Lear 35, my excitement waiting for release has been replaced with sadness over an issue I had never experienced before.  I come here after several days of troubleshooting seeking any help someone may provide.  I am running P3D v4.5 and this issue is NOT occurring with any other aircraft flown INCLUDING the FSW Falcon 50.

Upon selecting the Lear 35 (any livery/any panel config), I am greeted with a misalignment of the 2 throttles and the light above the "AIR IGN L" switch quickly blinking off and on about every 3 -4 seconds.  Firing up the #2 (right) engine works perfect, but when attempting to click the #1 throttle from CUT OFF to IDLE, it will not move.  Also when I click the #1 GEN down for STARTING the light below does not illuminate and the N1 will not advance.

I first utilized the FIX/REPAIR feature from the Hangar with no change.  I have since gone thru numerous calibrations of my THROTTLE axis, numerous uninstall and reinstall of the Lear 35 itself, reinstall of the P3D client, reinstall of FSUIPC.  I DO NOT start any flight with the Lear, but I first begin with a default aircraft and then switch to many other a/c before trying the Lear.  My default aircraft / flight has the aircraft completely Cold and Dark.  When I switch to any a/c other than the Lear, that a/c is ALSO loaded cold and dark.  But when I switch to the Lear, it is NEVER cold and dark.

I have tried many other combinations to try and determine why the a/c loads with this faulted throttle position and AIR IGN L light flashing with no luck.  I have eliminated many possibilities such as bad controllers (throttles), calibration, loading complex aircraft, 3rd party addons, etc etc as NO other aircraft will  display this anomaly.  

I seek your help as I know this is not a bug with the Lear on my system(she worked great off and on for the past 2 years).  Thank you !

WAT1460.png

Hi...

Just curious - are you using SimStarter - I had a very odd issue with the Falcon that nobody else experienced - buttons stuck in weird positions and unable to move - a couple suggested SimStarter may have been the issue... Like you I did many uninstalls and reinstalls - finally - it just started working but I never did find the smoking gun... Maybe try an uninstaller like Revo that will clean up any residual registry entries for the aircraft ?

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

7 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi...

Just curious - are you using SimStarter - I had a very odd issue with the Falcon that nobody else experienced - buttons stuck in weird positions and unable to move - a couple suggested SimStarter may have been the issue... Like you I did many uninstalls and reinstalls - finally - it just started working but I never did find the smoking gun... Maybe try an uninstaller like Revo that will clean up any residual registry entries for the aircraft ?

Regards,
Scott

Thanks Scott... no I do not use any simstarter.  I launch Active Sky (as admin) and then P3D (as admin) straight from the desktop icons.  Here's the kicker... I had not flown the Lear since the update to P3D 4.5, but after seeing the new improvements thread, I figured I would get her ready so I did refresher training.  The first few flights went well with no issues.  Then this past weekend, I started seeing this.  I know the obvious question is what did I change?  but I can't (for the life me) figure out what changed ??  I'm gonna try the uninstaller you recommend, THANKS !! 

WAT1460.png

1 hour ago, vcarlo said:

I seek your help as I know this is not a bug with the Lear on my system(she worked great off and on for the past 2 years).  Thank you !

Are you running Version 4.1A of the L35?

Al

36 minutes ago, ark said:

Are you running Version 4.1A of the L35?

Al

If you are referring to the D/L that contains a revised "Learjet_35A.CAB " file which goes into the Lear's panel folder - YES, I have installed that.  I downloaded the full Lear 4.1 from my purchase link on Flysimware with all A/V disabled.  The new (4.1A) CAB file has no effect on this issue.  Thanks.

WAT1460.png

Uninstalled the Lear using REVO, reinstalled the Lear, unfortunately, no change. Every aircraft I load has normal throttle positions, startup and operation thru my thrustmaster throttles (including the Falcon)  EXCEPT  the FSW Lear 35 A :sad:

WAT1460.png

1 hour ago, vcarlo said:

If you are referring to the D/L that contains a revised "Learjet_35A.CAB " file which goes into the Lear's panel folder - YES, I have installed that.  I downloaded the full Lear 4.1 from my purchase link on Flysimware with all A/V disabled.  The new (4.1A) CAB file has no effect on this issue.  Thanks.

Just wanted to make sure you had the latest version of the Lear.

Some of us have found that using the default F35 as the default flight in P3Dv4.5  (as the very first loaded a/c)  has eliminated some very strange problems, so that's worth trying at this point if you haven't already done so. Load the F35 at sim startup, then switch to the Lear. I suppose you could also try loading the F35 after the Lear, and then switch back to the Lear. If you do get the Lear loading OK, immediately save that flight.

Another thing to try would be to delete all saved flights if you have any, then restart the sim.

Since the Falcon 50 works, I assume you have the latest versions of the Rex WX radar and GTN 750 if you are using them.

You could also try redownloading the Lear from where you bought it in case your original download was corrupted somehow, although this seems unlikely since you said the first few L35 flights in P3Dv4.5 ran OK.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1

Thank you very much Al !  Good News ! Issued resolved !  I removed all my previous FS flights including my DEF flight which started at my home airport and the Default Bonanza.  I then restarted P3D and let it create its own new default flight with the F22 Raptor located at KVPS.  After loading, I selected the Lear 35 and she was back to her brand new self :biggrin:

I guess I was fooled by my prior default flight because every other a/c worked perfectly except the Lear.  I then went back to the default F22 and saved this as my new start up.  So all's well that ends well... thanks again for helping me take the "blinders off" and get her goin'.

Now WHERE'S THAT UPDATED LEAR 35A ???  :wub::wub:

Thank You ! 

WAT1460.png

31 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Good News ! Issued resolved !

Great -- glad you got things working again.

Al

• Upvote 1

On 7/24/2019 at 12:23 PM, vcarlo said:

But when I switch to the Lear, it is NEVER cold and dark.

Glad you got your issue fixed and I'm filling this away in the memory just in case I ever have issues (knock, knock)....does it now load cold and dark as well? I would definitely like to figure that one out.

No, this version of the LJ35 will not load C&D; however, I simply load the default a/c, then load the Lear and use the Control Panel window then click on ALL SYSTEMS OFF.  This is good enough for me.  Mark has stated somewhere a feature of the upgrade version will allow us to save a flight in cold and dark.  Looking forward to this !! 

• Like 1

WAT1460.png