Sign in to follow this  
kenpoh2u

how to taxi to gate

Hi all wonderful pilots out there, it's a shame that I'll been flying with pilot2atc almost more than a year and yet i have never complete my flight to the Gate instead  i log out after landing runway til recently i try to taxi to the dest. airport gate and  request for taxi to gate but ATC instead of instructing  me to gate , instruct taxiways to runway OR sometimes i contact Ground requesting taxi to the gate the Gnd will ask me to contact Tower ,then Tower ask me to contact Gnd . so i surely missing something in the setting . i'll been searching how to set in the manu with no result can anybody help ? sorry for poor english.. 

After landing and when you pull off the active, still on the tower frequency, say "[callgin] is clear of the active runway". They will hand you over to ground, then tell them where you are going. 

A great cheat sheet:

If you get passed from Ground back to Tower and then to Ground....in a Ground/Tower loop, you are not far enough off the Runway.  Just pull further off the runway and call Ground again.

When you call for taxi to the gate, just say "<CallSign> request taxi to the Gate" or "<CallSign> request taxi to gate <GateName>" where <GateName> is something like "Charlie 23" for gate C23.  

Dave

Thanks all for your time to reply,so if i request taxi to particular gate < e.g. gate C23 > then do i have to set up parking gate C23 in advance ? if so how can i do that ? 

If you request it verbally, using the correct phrase, then you should not have to set it up ahead of time.  You can set it up using the Info window and selecting the desired gate so you only have to say "<callsign> request taxi to the gate".

If flying an airliner, be sure the gate you request is set up for use by the Airline you have set up in your call sign.  This is done in Taxi Mnt.

The program just don't understands when I say gate...I really tried to teach it, but it is "eight" almost all the time, so now I pretty much default to the "Say it" function, if ATC doesn't get it after 2 or 3 tries. 

20 hours ago, Gerudan said:

The program just don't understands when I say gate...I really tried to teach it, but it is "eight" almost all the time, so now I pretty much default to the "Say it" function, if ATC doesn't get it after 2 or 3 tries. 

Same for me unfortunately. What I'm doing is when contacting ground, I just ask "request taxi" instead of "request taxi to the gate" and it works.

Fabrice Lambert

Same here, it almost never understood me saying "gate" when I speak in a normal way. Only if try to spell every single syllable slowly and pronounced, then it works. I sound like an idi_t then... 😁 But hey, it works! 

Edited by RobW05

"Clear of the active" and variations there of hardly ever works for me and I cant find where to train it either. Doesn't exist according to the xml file with all the dialogue options.

Cheers, Andy.

11 hours ago, Andydigital said:

"Clear of the active" and variations there of hardly ever works for me and I cant find where to train it either. Doesn't exist according to the xml file with all the dialogue options.

"Clear of active" (without 'the') appears in the "P2ATC commands.pdf" document I downloaded from a pinned thread here some time ago. (Sept 6 2017).

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Thanks Pete (hope you are well), I'm sure you are correct but in the trainer where you teach the speech recognition engine this phrase it's nowhere to be found. I spent ages one afternoon looking for it and gave up eventually.

Cheers, Andy.

I also struggled with "clear of active". I now say "<callsign> is clear of active" and it works perfectly.

• Upvote 1

Fabrice Lambert

On 8/6/2019 at 2:57 PM, Fabrice said:

Same for me unfortunately. What I'm doing is when contacting ground, I just ask "request taxi" instead of "request taxi to the gate" and it works.

My problem is, that I often want to get to a specific gate and then p2a just understands nothing anymore. 😂

Me too, so I use Taxi Maintenance to have one gate only assigned to my airline, so P2A send me to this gate when requesting taxi.

Fabrice Lambert

Yes the important thing to remember is to also make sure that the gate you asked for has your airline assigned to it, otherwise ATC will ignore you and send you elsewhere. 

Cheers, Andy.