Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Tired of empty skies

I feel there is one big benefit of Ultimate Traffic. The AI does not fly direct-to routes from airport to airport. It flys on real (but many outdated) routes. I like that feature. The developer had some family issues and I hope they come back to update the program more and fix bugs, release a recent schedule and the power pack.

1 hour ago, Boeing or not going said:

The AI does not fly direct-to routes from airport to airport. It flys on real (but many outdated) routes.

I wouldn't call them real routes by any stretch, really nothing more than the garbage generic routes generated by the default FSX/P3d planner and only using 2 altitudes above FL300 in each direction. 

AIG's AI Manager is by far the way to go. Regular updates in models, liveries and schedules vs none from the payware.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I bought UT Live less than a year ago but after reading so many positive reviews of AIG I decided to try it. UTL is now only used in P3D v3 which I use solely for FSL Concorde.

The other thing not mentioned about AIG Ai is the visual quality of the aircraft. The 737-800 is indistinguishable from the PMDG737. When I used MT6 the models were a bit grim but I accepted that as the standard at the time. But the AIG models are optimised for 64-bit and the frame rate hit is very small. I have Ai set to 100% and at Heathrow Professional still get fps in the low 20s inbound to 27L/R with over 300 Ai in an 80nm bubble.

And don't forget the schedules are updated frequently. This is not an install and forget package. It is constantly being added to and tweaked.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I bought UT Live less than a year ago but after reading so many positive reviews of AIG I decided to try it. UTL is now only used in P3D v3 which I use solely for FSL Concorde.

The other thing not mentioned about AIG Ai is the visual quality of the aircraft. The 737-800 is indistinguishable from the PMDG737. When I used MT6 the models were a bit grim but I accepted that as the standard at the time. But the AIG models are optimised for 64-bit and the frame rate hit is very small. I have Ai set to 100% and at Heathrow Professional still get fps in the low 20s inbound to 27L/R with over 300 Ai in an 80nm bubble.

And don't forget the schedules are updated frequently. This is not an install and forget package. It is constantly being added to and tweaked.

How many airlines does it come with and what about GA flights, which is the reason I switched from MT6 to UTL. I checked out their web site, and frankly the information there is really lacking not to mention numerous misspellings. . Doesn't even mention the versions of sims that it works with. Doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. . 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

10 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

How many airlines does it come with and what about GA flights, which is the reason I switched from MT6 to UTL. I checked out their web site, and frankly the information there is really lacking. Doesn't even mention the versions of sims that it works with. . 

Around 330 from memory. To see the more obscure ones you need to go to out of the way airports. You're not going to see much difference at EGLL, KJFK etc. Try Rio de Janiero or KIngston, Jamaica.

No GA as things stand, just airliners. It's for P3D v4 only as all models are 64-bit.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Around 330 from memory. To see the more obscure ones you need to go to out of the way airports. You're not going to see much difference at EGLL, KJFK etc. Try Rio de Janiero or KIngston, Jamaica.

No GA as things stand, just airliners. It's for P3D v4 only as all models are 64-bit.

OK, thanks, won't work for me. The GA flights in UT Live are great, and that is the primary reason I bought it. The surprising thing, after setting up MT6 years ago, was how simple it was to install UTL and get it running. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

45 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

OK, thanks, won't work for me. The GA flights in UT Live are great, and that is the primary reason I bought it. The surprising thing, after setting up MT6 years ago, was how simple it was to install UTL and get it running. 

I still have nightmares about MT6 installs. 😁 Agreed that UTL is much better. The only issue I found is that whilst it can run in P3D v3 and v4 it had a single Ai % setting. I need low for v3 and high for v4 but after getting AIG it became irrelevant.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

17 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

I wouldn't call them real routes by any stretch, really nothing more than the garbage generic routes generated by the default FSX/P3d planner and only using 2 altitudes above FL300 in each direction. 

AIG's AI Manager is by far the way to go. Regular updates in models, liveries and schedules vs none from the payware.

They fly on actual airways and I like seeing them doing that instead of flying direct to the destination airport. If the developer could give us a possibility of updating and creating routes that is good for a future update.

11 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You could replace the Ultimate Traffic models using the same models AIG uses, most likely they are using FAIB and other better models.

22 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

You could replace the Ultimate Traffic models using the same models AIG uses, most likely they are using FAIB and other better models.

I doubt it. Those are optimised for 64-bit P3Dv4. In any case it’s not Important to me in v3.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

So i am using flai for vpilot and Vatsim. Does this also work with vatsim?  If yes is it possible to turn off ai traffic when on vatsim but have it run normally when offline?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

They fly on actual airways and I like seeing them doing that instead of flying direct to the destination airport. If the developer could give us a possibility of updating and creating routes that is good for a future update.

But actual airways doesn't really mean much when they are often so incorrect or backwards to whats actually would/should be flown irl. Direct routings is almost more realistic compared to that. You can change the routes if you want to but it's an incredible amount of work and still terribly flawed. It's totally each users opinion on the matter, but 90+% of the traffic you see is when you are operating around the airports. AIG's option is still vastly better in and free is always good too.

Swapping out the UTL models for better ones has always been an option but there are still no gains to be had in doing so, you are still stuck with UTL's varied quirks and old schedules.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

One thing that hasn't been mentioned regarding the AIG package is the excellent Ai Companion developed as freeware which will show all traffic in a 80nm bubble around your aircraft. It's similar to the payware SuperTrafficBoard.

You can run it either on your P3D computer or if you have WideFS it can run on a separate PC. Very powerful application and highly recommended. Requires SimConnect and full instructions are included for running via WideFS.

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29651.0

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The big plus for me with UTL is the ability to jump the queue when you 10th or so in line for the active runway. I simply press the UTL reset button and the queue disappears as well as the inbound traffic. By the time I have lined up ready for take off UTL has re-injected the traffic and away I go. That great for me, I don't have time to hang around as they have to in the real world.

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

2 hours ago, wardp said:

The big plus for me with UTL is the ability to jump the queue when you 10th or so in line for the active runway. I simply press the UTL reset button and the queue disappears as well as the inbound traffic. By the time I have lined up ready for take off UTL has re-injected the traffic and away I go. That great for me, I don't have time to hang around as they have to in the real world.

Traffic Zapper in FSUIPC5 works for me. Only kills one aircraft at a time.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather