Sign in to follow this  
kenny584

RealAir Duke piston Nav1 OBS

Hi Folks.

I have tried for a long time now to figger out why I cannot get the Nav1 OBS heading bug and course selector to move by using a toggle on my CH yoke. The Nav2 OBS responds to my toggle button input and other aircraft will allow me to use a toggle to increase and decrease the heading bug and course selector. However, as I say the Nav1 display in the Duke has me beat. I have tried various options in FSUIPC but not LINDA as I have no experience with it.

Can anyone advise if there is something hard coded in the gauge to stop a toggle button from operating it. The mouse will of course operate it but I'd like to use a side to side toggle. I have the up/down toggle working the trim wheel but cannot get the Nav1 OBS to work with the side to side toggle!!!

All ideas appreciated...Ken.

Ken,

Just did some testing with both the V1 & V2 piston Dukes..

FSUIPC can do it for you, no need for linda - tested.
The commands I used where:
HEADING BUG DEC
HEADING BUG INC
VOR1 OBI DEC
VOR1 OBI INC
The commands above also have a "fast" option for each.

Maybe you have FSUIPC setup for profiles with a profile for the Duke. Perhaps the profile .ini doesn't include the OBI commands?

Very strange, the stock FS commands, if assigned, ( options | settings | controls ) for heading do not work at all in this aircraft.
"Autopilot heading bug (decrement)" & "Autopilot heading bug (increment)"
Nothing found for OBI1 increase/decrease.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Hi spokes.

Yeahhh, I'm sure that I have tried those commands, I'll have another go. I have not tried profiles because I mainly fly light GA aircraft and they are pretty much of a muchness. One set of instructions regarding buttons and axes fits all e.g. Gear, Flaps, Trim etc. I have not looked at .ini files either. Again, I'll have an in depth look at these. Both for FSUIPC and the Duke, in fact anywhere!! There is something that I am not seeing and it annoys me because I have been simming for yonks and am usually pretty good with files etc. I dabble in scenery and repaints so I'm not a beginner but this has me stumped.

I'll keep you posted and would appreciate further help if required in my investigations.

Regards...Ken.

Hello again spokes.

Okay, I have looked at the FSUIPC .ini file, the buttons section, and it looks to be okay. I do not have a profile for the Duke. My CH yoke buttons 2 and 3, left/right toggle, will trigger the heading bug in the default Baron and other aircraft but not the Duke!! After a button reset, it will trigger the NAV2 OBS INC and DEC in the Duke but not the NAV1 OBS INC and DEC. It just seems to be locked out somehow and it's driving me nuts. Setting various Key presses will not action it either. I'm stumped.

I am wondering why yours works and mine does not. Any other thoughts?

Regards...Ken.

Edited by kenny584

Stumped too except..
In the Duke options program: [Options | GPS HSI Course], do you have it set to "Auto DTK"? With the GPS/Nav switch set to GPS this will freeze the OBS1 to DTK.
This leaves the HDG bug..
Again in the Duke options program: [Panel Options | GPS], maybe try using the stock GPS 500. IIRC the RXP uses injected heading values to track the course, could be wrong on this. I do not use the RXP. Maybe try turning the GPS/Nav switch to nav if using the RXP.

With the commands from your joystick working in stock (and other) aircraft and you are absolutely sure there is no FSUIPC profile setup for the Duke, this leaves the Duke configuration itself as the culprit.
That is all I have.. 
Maybe someone else with more experience with the Duke & RXP (if you use it) can help.
Wishing you good luck. 

Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

In the aircraft.cfg file for the Duke, disable any

HotKeySelect=XX

lines,  by adding //

//HotKeySelect=XX

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Hi spokes and hello again Bert.

I never thought to check the Duke options feature. I was thinking that was just for weight and balance and fuel etc. I'll check it out. Bert, thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I'll try that also. I'll do them one at a time and report back with any result. I'm doing my Vatsim P5/ IR in the Duke and using this toggle will save me having to reach for the mouse.

Cheers...Ken.

Hi Guys.

Roman, I'm not too sure what config program you mean. I have activated the Duke B60 Config Panel [Options] but there is no GPS HSI Course. Do you mean the RealAir Duke B60 Config Panel? Mine is marked as Copyrght 2009 and only has options for Ground Steering, GPS Startup, DME Indicator Startup, VC Glass Reflections and on the right hand side of the window there are two other options. Cockpit state on startup and RealView Stall Buffet. I'm thinking that you must have a more up to date version than mine.

I have all the options set for Cold and Dark but there is nothing for the GPS HSI.

Bert, the only Hotkeys mentioned in the .cfg file are three relating to Camera Definitions. Namely, 0 'Right Seat', 6 'Cabin' and 7 'Rear Window'. I'm thinking that none of these will affect the workings of the Heading Bug and Course Selector but I disabled them anyway.

It has just dawned on me that I should have said that I have the Flight1 GTN750 installed into the Duke but unsure whether that would make a difference to activating the toggle.

I do not wish to take up a lot of your valuable time but I really would like to get this working. It has become a bit of an obsession now that I cannot think why it is not working. I'll keep looking for ideas online but if you do think of anything else please reply back.

Regards...Ken.

Edited by kenny584
afterthought.