Sign in to follow this  
ESGG

Ground crew speaks spanish to me

Hi!

So far the ground crew have been speaking english to me. Tested the PMDG B777 in Luxembourg and Gothenburg. But now when starting up with the B737 in Palma the groundcrew speaks spanish with me. Do I miss something? I'm using English - US. The speech-bar shows the text in english (both mine and the groundcrew) and I can speak in english to them but they keep talking in spanish.

Regards

Johnny Holmgren 

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Hey ESGG,

That's the regional sound pack that is enabled, you will hear a sound pack that was programmed to be played for that region code. The airports are located in regions that have a code, kinda, like the ICAO ID of airports, then each ICAO is programmed or scripted to run a different sound pack for each airport in the world, the idea is to give you the feeling that you are in another country. Right now, it uses regions code, but we plan to extract country names, and associate the sound packs to the country names, this, I think, should give you a more inmmersion to the experience. You can disable this feature in the Aircraft profile settings window. This behaivor can be dynamicly changed in the Regional Sound INI file.

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

Not sure if you want to keep this a secret or why it is not documented but I found, that all this can be adjusted in the file:

...\AppData\Roaming\Ultimate Ground Crew X\Language\SoundPackRegions.INI

For example replace SP by SP-ENG and you get English with Spanish accent instead of Spanish. A lot more to play around with there.

A little documentation on that file would be appreciated, for example if only two characters as ICAO code are allowed or if also one or three characters would work respectively.

And is there a way to set a fallback language for not specified airports - other than the language set for the app in the general settings?

Edited by RALF9636

Exactly, it's that file!, you can change it, and it was meant to be dynamic, so it's not hardcoded in the UGCX module, which kinda would give more flexibility. And this can evolve in something more complex to contribute more into the inmmersion experience.

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

A little documentation on that file would be appreciated, for example if only two characters as ICAO code are allowed or if also one or three characters would work respectively.

We would have to ask Bryan 🙂

But yeah, that's the file

spacer.png

6 hours ago, ESGG said:

Hi!

So far the ground crew have been speaking english to me. Tested the PMDG B777 in Luxembourg and Gothenburg. But now when starting up with the B737 in Palma the groundcrew speaks spanish with me. Do I miss something? I'm using English - US. The speech-bar shows the text in english (both mine and the groundcrew) and I can speak in english to them but they keep talking in spanish.

Regards

Johnny Holmgren 

John,

Please do this:

Go to this file:

C:\Users\****your user name&&&&&\AppData\Roaming\Ultimate Ground Crew X\Language\SoundPackRegions.ini

Open it with Notepad.

Change:

Region.2=[*];LE;SP

to:

Region.2=[*];LE;SP-ENG

You should now hear English but with a Spanish accent at that airport.

• Like 1

OK, I will try that, but wouldn't it be better to do it the other way around. That those people who want the groundcrew to talk something else than english change their INI-file. I think the majority of users still wants the groundcrew to speak english.

Regards

Johnny 

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

The original INI file entry was bug for that airport code.

This is how it should have always been.

Region.2=[*];LE;SP-ENG

It just basically means that if you're at an airport whose 4 letter ICAO code start with "LE..", then use the English with a Spanish accent voice set if you have the Regional Soundset set option checked.

I know what you're saying though....

But most people who fly in Spain will be Spanish (native speakers)... most people who fly in Germany will be German speakers and most people who fly in France will be French speakers.

I know not everyone...  but we're thinking about them.

Cheers,

Also only one letter seems not to be possible right now. So we need to add 25 regions KA - KZ for the US. Only KM is included so far.

Apart from that it would be nice if there would be a variety of voices and phrases for each accent / language in future.

7 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Apart from that it would be nice if there would be a variety of voices and phrases for each accent / language in future.

We can theoretically include accents for every country.

It's just a matter of recording everyone.