Sign in to follow this  
bosflo

I may have to give in and finally update

I have been using 4.4 for while without too many problems but I see that Shenzen airport is out but it says 4.5 is the requirement. I have lots of add ons so when the update question comes up I usually ignore it because all my add ons are for 4.4. For years I did not have Shenzen airport in my P3D, it doesn't exist in the base game for me (don't ask). But now that there is a dedicated scenery for it I find myself considering updating. I have been reading posts about updating only client or updating only content or updating both and I am confused on what the procedure is. I have read stories about having to update all pbr sceneries and a nightmare update with orbx. I don't want to alter too much a working game to only get one scenery so what would be the recommendation from all the experts out there. Thank you

Go to Prepar3d forum and read the instructions. It really is easy.

If you insist on calling P3D a "game", you will not make many friends here😃. (Joke).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I'm no expert at all however all I did in updating from P3Dv4.4 to P3DV4.5 was hit "Uninstall" when "Prepar3D v4 Academic Client" was selected from :

Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features.

I did the same uninstalling "Prepar3D Content".

I then installed "Prepar3D v4 Academic Client " (v4.5) and "Prepar3D Content" (v4.5).

I didn't need to do anything with ORBX scenery and only had to install the latest version of Active Sky.

Edited by YMMB

Updating the sim these days are much simpler than the previous... 

I have always updated generally within the 1st 1-2 months of the new versions, and have not had any major issues. 

Chen Chen

MSFS: FENIX A320 / PMDG 737 / FBW A32NX / WT 787-10

NZAA 

You then have to update all your Addons which is probably where most of the work is

xxd09

1 hour ago, xxd09 said:

You then have to update all your Addons which is probably where most of the work is

xxd09

Not necessarily. If your addons are outside the main P3D.folder, then updating should not affect them.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

The forum P3D Tips & Tricks just below this one is the best place to check out before updating it gives you a run through.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Does that airport really need P3Dv4.5, or is that version only mentioned because it is the latest version? I would have thought that v4.4 (the PBR upgrade) would be good enough.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I’m still on 4.3, I really don’t want to update as my FPS is perfect atm. But more and more products are becoming out of reach. (Which is to be expected) 😕

Edited by UAL4life