Sign in to follow this  
James8133

AES Can't Find Airport

*Note; I did post this forum question on Aerosoft's page. I have noticed that the reply time has been very slow.*

For the past week, I've had some issues with AES. I was trying to do a flight out of FSDT KLAX the other day. I noticed that AES wasn't working. So I exited FSX. I opened up the AESHelp for FSX. Then I got this message; "Add-on Scenery "FSDreamTeam Los Angeles Int'l" not found or are not active. Please install or activate in the Scenery Library first." I then went into my downloads to see that it was installed. I'm not sure what's going on. May someone please help me figure this out. Thank you in advance.

Attracted is the screenshots. 

mcO8Rcn.jpg

4q8jhFT.jpg

James Stump

Welcome to the AVSIM forums! :happy:  I have embedded the images for you.  There is a post on the main FSX/FSX-SE page that will explain how to do this procedure with any screenshot.  Is the FSDreamteam Los Angeles Intl added to your Scenery Library?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thank you for embedding the images, because that's what I was trying to do myself. 😕 I uninstalled the scenery, then I installed it again, only to get the same message. Every time I load my PMDG plane at LAX, I get a message saying "trial period has begin." I went into my add-on manager. I saw that KLAX was already installed and activated. I tried reaching out to FSDreamTeam and they believe that I have the Ray Smith KLAX. (Which I have never heard of before).

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=22018.0;

James Stump

20 hours ago, charliearon said:

Welcome to the AVSIM forums! :happy:  I have embedded the images for you.  There is a post on the main FSX/FSX-SE page that will explain how to do this procedure with any screenshot.  Is the FSDreamteam Los Angeles Intl added to your Scenery Library?

Do you think you might be able to help me resolve my problem?

James Stump

25 minutes ago, James8133 said:

Do you think you might be able to help me resolve my problem?

Sorry, I don't have any payware airports and not familiar with their installation requirements/procedures.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Have you tired the FSDreamTeam forum.  AES isn't their product, but they might have some experience with it working or not.

Well, hopefully more than buy GSX and you won't have those problems anymore. 🙂

Ernest Pergrem

43 minutes ago, airernie said:

Have you tired the FSDreamTeam forum.  AES isn't their product, but they might have some experience with it working or not.

Well, hopefully more than buy GSX and you won't have those problems anymore. 🙂

I have reached out to FSDT about their products. VirtualAli told me "This could only be because of the Ray Smith KLAX." I have never heard of that version before, and I have only installed FSDT KLAX. So, I don't know what else I can do to resolve the issue? 

James Stump

I would start by running Simple Airport Scanner to insure there are no duplicate airports. 

That way you can be sure there are no duplicates, etc.

You might also try re-running the reg file, which should be in %HOMEPATH% .  If that doesn't work, deactivate the airport and run it again, by double clicking on it.

To find it enter it in Search program and file text box in Windows and hit enter.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Then it said when I tried to close the application: "Some files extracted from SimpleAirportScanner.zip were found or new files were created. Do you wish to put them to the archive?" I don't know? I don't want to accidentally mess thing up.

James Stump

It couldn't find ANYTHING at all. not even my current airports. It gave me the same message? I'm really confused here...

James Stump

56 minutes ago, James8133 said:

It said "Found to be empty Parameter name: pathToSceneryCfgFile" Which I don't know what it means? 

After you download it, unzip it to any folder you wish (you may have already done that).

On the first startup you will get a screen with a bunch of empty text boxes.  If you are using FSX, then click on the gray box with the three dots to the right of FSX Scenery cfg text box.  Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX and click on Scenery.cfg, then Open.  When you return to the application there should be a value in the text box.

Next, insure that FSX is displayed in the FS Version box and click Scan.  It may take a while.   if nothing shows up one the green bar reaches the top, then click somewhere near the title at the top of the form.  Sometimes it's a bit slow to refresh.

Some people shut off deactivate scenery areas when not in use.  If that's you then you will need to uncheck the 'Show Only Airports Found in Active Scenery Areas' to scan all scenery.  I'm guessing it's not.

You may see some dupes if you have Orbx installed.  I wouldn't worry about those just yet.  The important part is type 'KLAX' in the  'Ident To Find' box and click Find.

If nothing shows, then you have no dupes, if something does show please post, either a screenshot or the information that's in the window to this thread and we'll interpret it for you.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem