Sign in to follow this  
HarryVoyager

FSX-SE: Managing bindings for multiple controllers?

So how does one manage keybindings across multiple controllers in FSX? Do you go through each contorller in the drop down list and add/remove the keybindings you want that one to handle?

The key problem I'm trying to solve right now is I've got a Warthog HOTAS, CH Throttle quadrant and a CH Yoke currently plugged in. I'm using the HOTAS for DCS, the throttle quadrant for the P-47 (so many levers...) and wanted to use the CH yoke for FSX GA aircraft, however, the way FSX seem to have set things up by default, among other things, I appear to have multiple axis controlling the mixture, and I'm not entirely sure which ones it has auto-bound. Needless to say, having different axis popping in and setting key controls to, say, idle cut-off, unexpectedly does pose some issues.

Recommendations? How do people typically trace what's been bound where?

Thank you,

Harry Voyager

I have the controllers disabled in FSX and do everything through FSUIPC. 

I have the registered version and assign my axes through profiles.  A profile is linked to one or more aircraft and each profile can have different assignments. 

You can do buttons and switches also, but I have some aircraft that had issues with that so my button assignments tend to be for universal functions.

I'm not sure if the free version offers the same functionality.

Ernie

I typically unbind every axis in the sim's control menu, and then make assignments in FSUIPC, using the Joynames feature to establish persistent assignment of a joystick even when it's removed and later re-connected.