rheinis

Really like the "We make it good or we don't make it" attitude

As far as I'm concerned, Microsoft may have all the time they need to produce a good Quality base sim (being a PMDG-customer, I'm used to that anyway) and don't have to commit themselves to a fixed date. It's just SO more satisfying to use a product that actually works the way it should out of the box, than having a product that's constantly in need for major updates to eliminate annoying bugs and gets you irritated along the way. We all still have our current sims to enjoy until then, right?

on the other hand, however...I think I would be more than happy with just the pre-alpha version until release date..  😎

• Like 3

I totally agree, and it's refreshing.  One of my biggest frustrations between both LM and LR is how they have turned a blind eye to what the community wants over the years.  Good Weather?  Traffic?  Realism?-  The attitude has been nah, that's not our problem.  We provide a good base to outsource these things to developers.  Hopefully, this new sim will provide a basis for change and raise the bar in the future.  I have thousands of hours between both sims and frankly I'm tired of the hassles of trying to make both of them look and feel "realistic". 

• Like 1

It's a refreshing attitude that's for sure. 

The team are in a somewhat difficult position, they want to produce the best that they can and that is now demanded by nearly everyone.

Additionally, there is pressure from our impatience to have it released, a possible internal management pressure to get revenue in the door and the extra pressure of "why hasn't my favourite feature been included yet?! It needs to be the only priority..."

• Like 2

May I be indiscreet and ask you how old you are, guys ?

Seasons, ATC, maybe not at release, they say. But we will add it later, not to worry. Its a promise !

At 70 yo, I do worry, I'd rather eat my cakes now than later when.. well, when I can't eat cakes anymore 😃 !

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

I'm in my mid-40's, have been simming since I was a kid.  I joked with a developer once about being alive to see a fully-functional addon because it's STILL being "tweaked" so it will work properly, long after release.  I'm getting too old for this...

Edited by dal330200

And in my case, I want minimal use of addons. And only when it's that good. 

Heck, I dont even want to install scenery in xplane because I have to install 100's of gb of libraries before even installing the scenery. Forget that noise. 

I have high Hope's, and relieved,  everytime I watch a video with the asobo developers when they smile,  and have so much enthusiasm about their work. Give me a solid base sim for flight, and I'll decide if I need different roads, cars, liveries, ipad access, flight planning, atc Yada, yada. Like Steve Jobs used to say  "dont do it better than someone else, do it differently"

1 minute ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

Depends right? I'd take the FSX ATC at release. I always thought it was pretty good for GA.

Alot better than others. I'll take it 

26 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

I have high Hope's, and relieved,  everytime I watch a video with the asobo developers when they smile,  and have so much enthusiasm about their work.  

This is something that has struck me too.